GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

I think the Seafront payware; many of the screenshots shows exactly the same models as used by Seafront. But I have promised Moderators that we should not discuss other projects in this thread, so let’s leave it here.

4 Likes

yeah, we have much to show here in the near future as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I dont think so, later in the Aerosoft thread after mentioning the global shipping mod he talks about inviting Seafront Simulations. I have a feeling the Aerosoft mod could very well clash with other programs, particularly in light of their decision to have all ships and boats static.

if thats the case, simply do not install/buy it if you use other mods/products providing dynamic traffic :wink:

Well that goes without saying. But ideally developers work at least try to avoid clashes so we get a more dynamic and varied world.

that would be ideal :wink:

You can find plenty of examples of that… The Global AI Ship Traffic is coordinated with eg payware from LatinVFR, Paulo Ricardo, Simdocks, ORBX Panama, Italian Coastline, and many more… And the freeware list is even longer with examples such as Return to Misty Moorings, Kieler Foerde Ships, Soenico’s bridge projects, Scenery Flensburg, … and the latest Keewaydin Airport by Eightdragons Keewaydin Island Airport (KWDN) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Our models are shared with plenty of developers for use in MSFS, FSX, P3D, DCS, Virtual Sailor in order to be used as eye candy in sceneries or as AI or even pilotable models all without any monetary aim… However, if two different developers do the same airport then one might not expect them to work together either…

5 Likes

I forgot this one among the free ones that I absolutely love and which is using a lot of the Global AI Ship Models: Vladiovostok by Weok

8 Likes

Ok. I understand. I just came to the conclusion that he was referring to you and GAIST, since in a different post he talks about “inviting” Seafront Simulations.

In any case, and closing the topic for my part, simply point out that some kind of collaboration would be very interesting, so that the two addons can coexist simultaneously in the simulator.

2 Likes

Testing the Live Traffic… Delft Seaways arrives in Dunkerque in real time…

23 Likes

WOW … that is super :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

True but with an airport, a fixed scenery in a fixed location, we can choose which one to install and either way we get our airport. With something like ships and boats its rather more difficult because we are not dealing with fixed locations. Seafront for example have chosen to populate east coast marinas with boats, that doesn’t necessarily clash with another AI boat/ship add on such as yours. Your package doesnt include Oil rigs, the upcoming Aerosoft will, so making sure the various addons that have the potential to clash don’t, despite offering different things is more pressing than with something like an airport, I would suggest.

TBH I don’t see the point in static ships and would much rather have them moving. I don’t see the point in rigs either until they are landable.

19 Likes

The rigs will be lendable.

Rigs :+1:
Static ships :-1:

2 Likes

I am sorry but I simply can’t see why I should try to adapt my files to a payware project… I don’t get 10% of the profits for doing that job… As a developer we don’t have a “holy” task of making everything fit together. It would be nice for you as a user, but I have other priorities. Many of the route files dates back many years. Why should I sit and try to figure out where somebody else placed a static object? You can edit the route files for your own use with the AIBTC tool if you want and have unlimited time…

However, once we go real time you will have PSVs, AHTS, stand-by ships, shuttle tankers, etc going to the rigs no matter who did them if they are just in the correct places. You might already have it from the bgl files as routes were coordinated to match ODG’s North Sea rig project several years ago - believe it or not but that was all the way back in FSX. But if somebody places a lot of static ships then it might very well not work very nicely.

Ps… we actually both have Jack-up rigs, semi-subs, drill ships, and FSPO in the GAIST project… We had hoped for hard decks to be enabled also for AI objects and would have prioritized that over static objects as landing on a moving object is so much more fun. We might however start to place them as static elements later. But while you wait you can have a look at Rodrigo Moraes’s Santos Basin oil field. That one is coordinated with GAIST.

Plataformas da Petrobrás - Bacia de Santos » Microsoft Flight Simulator

And a PSV en route to one of the FSPO’s…

19 Likes

The ODG stuff was great back in the day. I’ll need to revisit some of my own static objects on land to see if i can learn how to harden them now, as the ramp at Bedford doesn’t work in MSFS.

Just keep going Henrik, those that want static ships can go elsewhere. :wink::+1:

1 Like

17 Likes

I never said you should, in fact it was you that said you already work with developers to make sure the add ons dont clash so I am not sure why you suddenly seem to take offence at the idea simply because I have said that I think its a good idea with this sort of scenery. And yes, if somebody places a lot of static ships in known sea lanes that is their problem not yours, I never said otherwise did I?

But the point stands. We as users know if we try to use two versions of the same airport, they will clash, we dont know when the packages you, Seafront and Aerosoft are producing will, its not as clear cut. Certainly the Payware developers should work together or tell us if their scenery will clash with other existing projects, I think that’s perfectly reasonable if we are paying for a product and its not clear where or if projects overlap.

2 Likes