GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

First I want to say that I love the mod and I consider it the best freeware mod released up to date.

Am i right assuming that the development time is now dedicated to GAIST Ultra? I think personally that wakes should be the priority. When asked everyone publicly here in the thread if people want ultra version, everyone said yes, because more is better, but i think if you asked what should have come first, wakes or Ultra, the top vote would have gone to wakes.

4 Likes

The new boats added in the Ultra version will have wakes together with a number of the existing boats, But work is progressing slowly as I will only have a few days home this month - and ps adding wakes is as booring as converting so it will be done little by littleā€¦

10 Likes

Documenting user testing feedback is boring henrik but it must be done :laughing:

Of course no one is telling you what to do but wakes will make the hard work of your ships shine.

1 Like

Some traffic near the Golden Gate Bridge. Love this mod. Thanks Henrik and company

2 Likes

All of these pictures look fantastic. I canā€™t wait for Asobo to fix whatever is wrong so that XBox works. You and Bijan do some amazing things to make the world come more alive.

2 Likes

Hi Henrik, a very quick flight tonight and heading into the Tyne the ships seem to be submerged, I spotted a mast and funnel. Iā€™ll do some further tests, but Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s anything to do with the photogrammetry which extends from Newcastle out to the mouth of the river Tyne :thinking:

1 Like

Ships in most rivers are submerged. Have a word with Microsoft / Asobo about this, itā€™s nothing to do with this mod.

3 Likes

Howā€™s the new MSFS update with the add on?

1 Like

Working fine.

1 Like

Moving slowly ahead; there is quite of lot of other important matters that I have to deal with outside the virtual world, but I am working both on wake addition and models when time allows. And there will be plenty of stuff in the next update, but only time can tell when I will get it ready.

That said the last sim update made the waves appear at lower wind speeds - that increased realism a lot.

21 Likes

Been an avid fan of this mod for ages and the wait will be worth it. Such dedication and commitment to the community that begs belief. Not to mention juggling personal life as well.

Hats off to you kind sir!

1 Like

Are the Vessel Mods from Orbx compatible with your Mod? Espacially the Vessels UK Mod?

Kind Regards
JayDee

1 Like

Personally Iā€™m running both mods at the same time and I havenā€™t seen any issues yet (although to be honest I havenā€™t done any excessive testing).

Orbxā€™s addon finally addressed my main issue that 99% of seas were empty even across busy harbors. Iā€™m flying mainly in the Mediterranean and whereas in real life I should be seeing dozens of ships outside each harbor, without Orbx Iā€™d probably have 2 or 3 at most. After I installed Orbx traffic is at acceptable levels (still not as busy as real life, but passable).

1 Like

is the version v2 now on flightsim to compatible with su 7?

lolo ha yes it is, just saw it marked there.
really fantatstic addon this one

I presume you are referring to the Seafront Simulations shipping and coastal mods? Orbx havenā€™t released anything along these lines, they are merely the website selling it for Seafront Simulations.

If so then their Enhanced AI and UK South East mods donā€™t conflict.

Yes, I meant Seafront Simulations. Thanks for the quick reply.

Kind Regards
JayDee

I have Vessels Enhanced AI and Vessels South East alongside this Global AI Ship Traffic mod.

No compatibility issues at all.

2 Likes

Thanks.
Kind Regards

H, it will be ready when itā€™s ready.

I was landing Harriers on your Invincible Convoy plodding back and forth from Plymouth to Portsmouth in FSX years ago and will never forget some of those night landings in filthy weather and wind conditions.

What youā€™re bringing to the sim world now is just incredible - absolutely fantastic.

Thank you so much.

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ve no photos from those filthy weather nights with 60 KT winds and horizontal rain obscuring the deck and making the world in to a living nightmare until touchdown - I was far too busy being in the moment!

But hereā€™s an old one from FSX on a nicer day - doubtless approaching Lusty.

To say Thank You for days that just get better and better in MSFS.

J

3 Likes

One of the new ships for GAIST Ultraā€¦

Around 200-250 new ships will be added - with wakesā€¦

51 Likes