GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Working on it, but a lot of other stuff going on outside the sim in the beautiful summer weather right now so it drags out.

Hard decks only when enabled in a better way from Asobo.

It is fixed in our WIP version.

good recognition :smiley:

4 Likes

A few more screenshots while you wait…

Brazil

West Africa

Germany

US

Phillipines

38 Likes

Could you imagine that we also get some Deep-Sea Tugs like Oceanic, Pacific, Simpson, Fairplay 31 just to name a few. Or maybe some Ice Breakers or Tugs in Africa towing Barges? Just an Idea.

If someone asked me what visual aspect could best improve the visual feedback in flights along the coasts, I would point to the long and very clearly visible from a high altitude white marks in the water, behind motor boats . Even more important than boats itself;) A very characteristic element of the seaside landscape that is completely absent from the game. Any chance?:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s been in the mod for ages.

Really? Something like this?

2 Likes

Yes, the ships in Henriks Global AI ships all have wakes after them.

I’ve seen a moving train in the Alps. Think it was my only one time seeing it. I was shocked.

1 Like

Global AI ship have them as well. But still, this effect has nothing to do with showed on attached photo.

If I recall correctly I believe there are some limitations on the speeds that vessels can move in the sim, which may be less than the speeds typical of fast motor boats, which in turn would have an effect on the amount of wake produced. Also I believe that currently the majority of vessels created by GAIST are things larger than speed boats, but that could be about to change.

I am sure Hendrik will correct anything that I have said that is not accurate.

No offence either!
:wink:

I didn´t mean to spend a lot of time into a second product line for lower performance systems.

I meant it in a way, that it maybe could be possible to kind of automate a process to also create a “lower end-ish/lower quality-ish” branch of the standard version.

I know it from Photoshop, that you can run automizations to create more versions of your original high end high resolution artwork totally easy in nearly no time. So if there could be a kind of similar way - without the need of huge amounts of manual work - it could be very welcome for many users to enjoy this great addon also wit htheir current hardware.

Let’s please stay focused on Henrik’s add on, thanks. Real world stories are welcomed on the MSFS Discord General Channel.

1 Like

Yes, good point as last time I have tried this package got numerous crashes at loading times so I had to give up in the end. I really look forward for some sort of update. I have not seen anything new out since 2.15. Is a new version out soon ?

SU9 fixed that problem

… for me.

If you are referring to the stalled load screen then no, SU9 did not fix it for everyone.

I don`t have the confidence to install again. Looking forward for an update.

It’s no big deal to try it is it?. Just make sure that you have downloaded the latest version, unzip to your Community folder and give it a try. If you then still have problems simply remove it from the Community folder.

I have it working fine with SU9 on both my old Windows 10 gaming laptop and now on a new Windows 11 desktop.

1 Like

@hnielsen791
Hello Hendrik is it possible to have shipping traffic in the Waddenzee and Ijselmeer in the Netherlands.
it is so empty now

. only the ferries to the islands (also the German) would be great allready. i hope it is possible.

4 Likes

Read back up the topic. The next major release will be recreating real-world shipping, in real time. So that should solve your issue in a big way.

1 Like

Nut fully… sadly there is still a bug that causes ships to always be spawn at 0ft altitude. If a waterbody is higher then that, the object will submerge

2 Likes