GAIST Global AI Ship Traffic V5 and Great Lakes

Usually, you can get rid of such artifacts on default boats by installing the free Top Gun addon, even if you (like me) are never going to use it.

1 Like

Ok, so I took some advice and deleted CVT and rolling cache in options and my FSX aircraft models working again, although for some reason about 50%(half) are showing as GEN (generric models). At one time the add on was 95% accuratre.

Unfortunately, GAIST (ships) still not working anymore. The only thing I can think of is to redownload incase file got corrupted.

UPDATE: GAIST is working now , at the moment atleast.

What I did: I re extracted the orignal folder I downloaded, and only put the ONE bgl file of NorthAmerica in community with it, but not inside the GAIST file. A few days ALL worked together. However, I wonder if the GAIST file I extracted days ago got corrupted.

Can someone link best site to re download whole add on if needed again?

thanks!

hi
This version I test downloaded a few days back:

Again the right way to install is:
Unzip the download folder.
Inside you will find GAIST-Ultra-V3 and a number of folders called e.g. gaist-latam-routes, gaist-med-routes.

You should move the GAIST-Ultra-V3 and one or more of the routes folders to your community folder. No need to move eg gaist-africa-routes to your community folder if you never fly in Africa.

Below screenshot is with full installation of all routes and the ship library folder

Unfortunately, this mod doesn’t work for me.

I copied the main folder (GAIST-ULTRA-V3) and a routes folder (gaist-euwest-routes) to the community folder and also set the ingame slider to 8. Unfortunately without success.
What can be the reason?

1 Like

Difficult to know without more info, but your installation sounds correct. Now you might not be looking in the right place. There are not ships all over and above screenshots were from the upcoming Real Time version which will have ships all over - at least where they are in the real world - so you should not believe that this will be the actual state with the current Version 3.

But try to go to Calais, France and try to make a flight towards Dover - you should see traffic. If not there is an issue with the installation or eventually a corrupt download.

Thank you for your quick reply and especially for your mod!
I’m downloading the .zip file again right now. Maybe the file really was just corrupted.

1 Like

For the REAL time traffic is there new cruise ship lines added? (Carnival,costa,etc)

Carnival, P&O, Royal Caribbean, and NCL in one image with Real Time

15 Likes

NICE! Can’t wait to try it. So I assume Queen Mary 2 will be docking a lot in Brooklyn, NY…its main homeport. MSC btw is homeporting in Brooklyn also soon. Will be the homeport of their North American operations.

1 Like

The port of Miami is looking great. Excellent work, hnielson791 & team!

1 Like

If Queen Mary is docking in Brooklyn in real life, so she will in Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time as we have her included in our fleet. For MSC it is worse because for the moment we only have one smaller MSC cruise ship included in the package, so you might instead see a similar sized ship from another Cruise company - or in certain instances no ship, as we do not have all the sizes yet - we do miss eg. the Quantum of the Seas class. The plan is off course to continue expanding the fleet. Below WIP on a series of 42m patrol boats used by 8 different countries.

2 Likes

Yesterday I did some testing along the Norwegian coast with GAIST RT; obviously less ships than in Santos, but still nice.

Hurtigruten in Northern Norway

Ferry in dry dock in Bergen

One of many Platform Supply Vessels

Pilot boat in Hammersfest

11 Likes

The MSC ship you have now actually looks pretty big. It docks at the Manhattan pier. I think they still will have one docking there. Actually, you couold use the COSTA cruise ship model you hav to also represent the DISNEY cruise ships as they are basically the same ship class.

1 Like

Spotted this beauty sailing into the WU12 Auckland harbour yesterday, so I can confirm that GAIST v3 is working with the update.

8 Likes

And what a beauty that one is :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably to most expensive ship in the whole German Navy considering the huge costs to keep her afloat :wink:

Are her (much older) sisterships - USCG Eagle, Portuguese Sagres and Romanian Mircea as well as the Gorch Fock I in Strasund, also modelled?

1 Like

I flew over the Sagres pulling into Ketchikan AK a little while ago.

4 Likes

Eagle, Mircea, and Sagres are also included… And Danmark, Soerlandet, Statsraad Lemkuhl, Belem, Stad Amsterdam, Linden, Alexander von Humboldt, Cisne Branco, l’Hermione… and many more tall ships :smiley: Gorch Fock I in Stralsund is not included as it is not salling anymore in real life.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, when will the real time version be released as a beta? :slight_smile: