GNS 530/430 & G3000 NAV Mode Causes Constant Turn

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

#PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When using any aircraft with a Garmin GNS530/430 or G3000 the Aircraft will enter a 20 degree bank and continue to circle without ever aquiring the active track.

If the NXi is uninstalled, the issue does not occur.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Create a flight plan
  • Set CDI to GPS
  • Takeoff
  • Enter “NAV” mode on GPS

Aircraft will now enter a 20 degree bank and turn continously without acquring the active track.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU6

For anyone interested @PlumbGlue67 suggested i uninstall the NXi. After doing so the issue went away. He then pointed me to this mod for the GNS530/430

After installing that I was able to have the NXi installed, and the issue was resolved (along with a much more functional GNS530/430).

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Glad it works.
But evidently this solve the problem only for GNS430/530 planes.
It’s sitill have problems (even if not the same ones) with others glass panels.
As for my kind of use the only thing I find useful to me with the NXi is readibility, I stopped using it.
And it will be the case as long as Working Title won’t solve their biggest ptoblem:
It’s a G1000 and it doesn’t have to interfere in ANY way with other panels !
It’s great to make a very realistic system, going in smallest details, but giving problems to what is not coming from them is a no-go for me.
And it’s like that since the beginning without resolving these issues.
I think they just don’t care…

1 Like

You should read THIS mode
It’s not mine. :wink:

1 Like

R u saying the NXi update is effecting the gns530?? I always fly with the 530 but yesterday I noticed what seemed to me searching for the flight plan at first. but then it just started chasing its tail. I canceled the plan then re-entered it in flight.

when I landed I cleared and entered my next airport on the ground. Got in the air and manually brought the plane to course and altitude then flipped on the AP, remembering the old DC-3, lol. Half way there I picked my approach based on the destination METAR. Took me right too my destination approach and set me on the ground perfect.

I installed the NXi update thinking I would test it out one day, Didnt dawn on me it would effect my 530…

I just uninstalled the NXi addon in content manager and added the mod above. OMG i’m a happy camper. tnx guys…

1 Like

Whoops!

Corrected.

Thanks.

I would try uninstalling the NXi and testing again.

The NXi plus stock GNS530 caused my circling issue.

tnx, that just what a did. then added the mod above for my 530… wow its nice…

1 Like

I thought the same!

Allot more complete!

You can have the NXi installed and this mod, and it should work. Just removing the NXi confirms that, that is indeed causing the issue with the stock GNS530).

Voted.

I’m really surprised more people haven’t brought this up here on the Forums!

1 Like

I use the RealSimGear 530 so all the planes i fly have the 172 classic 530 in place of the g1000. that mod AWSOME…

1 Like

I had this happen yesterday on a32nx as well, I will have to do some more investigation if it is some other mod interfering. It was an interesting flight indeed, basically I had to fly it by controlling the planes heading all the way until the GS was captured, and even then it started to bank, so had to do a full manual landing in the end. 2,5 hours in VR have never been more immersive, having to try and fix the issue with the AP and make the plane do what I expected it to do.

On the other had, I have not seen this with g3000 (we are talking about the WT mod here are we?) as of yet.

I am right now en-route from ZĂĽrich to Bern in c172 with the g1000NXi and cannot confirm the banking issue, the plane is following the route as expected (I did try first without the mod by uninstalling it, had also no issues, and then reinstalled it for a new flight, so that might have fixed it?)