Golden Ring of Russia {Moscow, Rural Towns, Short Field Takeoffs, 3 Official/Modeled POIs, 10+ BTR POIs}

Hi!

I’m continuing this more relaxed series of flights along major trade routes, waterways, pilgrimages, etc. The last few weeks have been a blast, and I’m excited to keep seeing new parts of the world with you all!

Unlike my previous US National Park series, I won’t be live streaming, which means I can actually hang out in the Discord CTAF channel if anyone would like to chat! I will also broadcast the Bushtalk Radio narration into Discord, so we all hear the POIs as a group.

Hope to see you there!
Jules

What to expect on this trip:

• Downtown Moscow
  • Rural (dare I say bucolic?) towns
  • Short and soft field takeoffs
  • 3 Official/Modeled POIs
  • 10+ Bushtalk Radio POIs

Server: West USA
Settings: All Players, No Traffic
Discord: Discord
Suggested Add-Ons:

Flight Plan:
(They are identical, the second just has short waypoint names to work around this bug.)

Airplane: Pitts Special (any of the biplane class from the Reno Air Races, or the Pitts S2S or S-1S
Weather: Scattered Clouds
Liftoff Time (Sim Time): 9:30am (6:30am UTC)
Rough flight path: UISH->UUWW, staying somewhere around 1500’ for the flight.

1 Like

This is very exciting. Primarily because I’m on the Xbox so I’ll have none of the add-ons that will enhance this experience. I’m going to see if I can put the route in SkyVector and follow along.

The time zones has me a bit confused though. If I understand the post, you will start at 22:00 EST (which is great for me). The “lifeoff time” states 06:30 UTC, which ends up being 01:30 EST. So; if the takeoff time is correct, I won’t be able to attend. :cry:

Hi! Liftoff time here meaning in game time. (Basically for best lighting.) The event time is 22:00 EST.

Hope that helps explain, and thanks for the note that it’s confusing! Hope to see you tonight!

Updated the wording, hopefully less confusing now

1 Like