Good Ibiza, Palma, and Menorca addon?

Any suggestions for good freeware or payware addons for Ibiza, Palma, and Menorca?

cheers

There’s a portugal and spain world update… i take it you already tried that and it doesnt include those locations?

No, none of those islands are included on the world update. Here’s a good link to see which airports and cities are part of Asobo’s code: Microsoft Flight Simulator Map - Google My Maps

Flightsim.to? there’s bound to be something there…
when everything else fails, i always check flightsim.to

sure, but I came to the forum to get recommendations for these airports based on folks’ experiences.

I have Ibiza from IniBuilds and I like it a lot, especially if you can grab it in a sale. Mallorca I have from JustFlight. This one is already a couple of years old, expensive but still ok. It’s far better than default and everything I found on .to. The other choice would be from JustSim. I watched a few comparison videos and JustFlight did a better job overall.

1 Like

thanks! i’ll check these out. i usually like Inibuild’s products so that will probably be a go-to.

For the JustFlight one, i’ve had mixed experiences with them. sometimes they drop a product and then never update it again even after many sim updates, which is a problem. sounds like they did it again with this one. sceneries need continual maitenance so I try to only buy addons where the devs keep it in top shape.

The Menorca from Aerosoft-Simwings is terrific!

1 Like

ooo this one does look good. will check out thanks

IniBuilds’ LEIB is great but is showing its age a little now. Superb interior but devoid of passengers. Slightly unrealistic runway slope at the 06 end but runway markings are spot on. Sim-Wings (published by Aerosoft) also do a version which has a partial interior and static people. It also has the proper Spanish-style airfield lighting and more accurate terraforming. Judging by reviews, people are happy with whichever one they choose. I went with Ini’s and like it.

There are also two versions of LEPA, both quite old. Just Flight’s is definitely better than JustSim’s, although neither has been updated in quite some time. It’s actually developed by a group of Mallorcans called JSPCO, marketed by JF. Rumour has it that MK are doing LEPA so might be worth hanging on as theirs would definitely be better than both current offerings.

LEMH is only available from Sim-Wings/Aerosoft. I’ve no experience with it but their stuff is normally pretty solid. Not the most detailed out there but certainly the higher end of average.

1 Like

great info, just what I was looking for. thanks.

I imagine these are all hugely popular airports for sim pilots to fly into so I’m surprised they haven’t gotten more love. i think i’ll try out LEMH first and go from there.

LEMH is an easy choice as there’s only one version. The other two may take more consideration…

JF’s LEPA is a solid airport with excellent framerates. Sure, it’s old and some of the detail is quite basic by 2024’s standards, but I still enjoy flying there regularly. Do you use GAIST? Puts some good sea traffic in the area and for even more immersion, I recommend Seafront’s Balearics vessels pack.

Add some life to the water with SeaFront Simulations! :motor_boat: :speedboat: :ship: :passenger_ship: :ocean:

1 Like

Inibuilds updated their LEIB just a few days ago…

this is great to know. shows the devs still maintain their products in case MSFS breaks them in the future (which seems to happen not-infrequently