Gotgravel savage carbon and Grravel, do they exist IRL?

Just downloaded the Gotgravel Savage Carbon and Grravel but am curious are they based on real aircraft, if i type it in to see videos of them all it shows is videos of flight sim. If that is the case, as much as they are fun to fly I will have to delete them as I only want aircraft that actually exist IRL.

2 Likes

I had the same concern as you. My finding: no, they do not. Imagine an eccentric bush pilot wanted a custom bush plane; these would be the result. However, these are not produced en masse like the XCub IRL. I prefer to fly the Bush League Legends XCub variants (Tundra, Cargo, Alpine and soon-to-be Floats) as those variants DO exist IRL (See pics below). Personally I do not fly the GotGravel variants.

1 Like

I don’t think the Ggravel does exist IRL but it should be possible.
In this case I don’t realy care, it’s big fun and I fly it a lot.
I have seen flying jet-engines, and a dragon but I stay away from those.

Yes, the Got Gravel mod is supposed to improve STOL realism of the existing Carbon Cub. See:

The Grravel is a plausible extreme performance build, something like “Scrappy”. If you haven’t seen Mikey Patey’s channel, definitely check it out.

They definitely took inspiration from Mike Patey’s Scrappy build. Same paint scheme, BestTugs logo, etc.

Based on the fact they don’t exist IRL I deleted them, they were fun though but the standard savage cubs will do.

If you still want some fun with bush monsters which exist IRL I highly recommended @CarbonProp’s XCub mods found here:
https://www.bushleaguelegends.com/addons/msfs/msfs-aircraft

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that link. I am just like the OP , only want planes that exist IRL :slight_smile:

So even these Alaskan Bushwheels exist in real-life. I always thought this is some fake “aircraft tuner” brand for oversized fake rims on various extreme custom aircraft.
But it looks like real aircraft have been tuned by this very real wheel and tire brand :smiley_cat:

Got Gravel planes are modeled after Mike Patey’s real planes. Look him up he makes some amazing planes.

They may not be mass produced versions, but these planes absolutely exist. Spend a day at an event like ArkanSTOL and it’s all you’ll find. Here’s a couple of pictures I took.

5 Likes