GOTY release time

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to precisely what time (i.e., hour) the release/update will happen? Simultaneous or rolling?

1 Like

Depends on the timezone you are located in.

It’ll be the same as last time. And the time before that. And the time before that. And the time before that.

7 Likes

Not looking for speculation or “duh, common sense says it’s xx:xx” here, looking for someone who actually knows and can maybe point to an official source.

2 Likes

Tomorrow 4 PM GMT, that’s when you should start mashing the update button

1 Like

I mean, that’s what it would be if they’re doing this like a standard update but on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday, but do you have any official confirmation of this?

Don’t think any official source quoted the exact time of release, maybe they will say it later today in the Dev Q&A on Twitch

1 Like

No there is no official statement regarding the release time of SU7 and the GOTY edition. So far we can only guess that the time might be as usual. I don’t think MS/Asobo will change the timeslot because it must be coordinated that the new update will be available on all platforms (MS Store and Steam) at the same time.

The people that know exactly when the release will become active cannot be found responding in this forum.

Folks - keep it nice and neat in here. Do NOT start sniping at each other over a time window.

2 Likes

Goty huh ?

Like every other release since launch, they try to get it out by around 4PM GMT give or take 30 mins. That’s the earliest you can expect it. But they don’t always get it done on time. Sometimes it’s later if they encounter issues. And past updates have been delayed due to issues. That’s about the best answer you can get to your question.

1 Like

Wait until next day…on first day there is always some server issue thay delay it for a lot of people. So…on the other day is the best time to download

1 Like

“Microsoft Municipal Airport, Redmond, Washington Automated Weather Observation One Eight Three Zero Zulu…”

1830Z is when it’s planned for release if I recall. :slight_smile:

As above probably 4pm gmt but if you don’t want to be disappointed I would expect to be able to play it on the 19th as all you’ll be subjected to is possible delays in release, issues with the download and slow download speeds as everyone tries to update at the same time

I guess I misread something when they announced the release date. I sat down at my laptop this morning all excited to download the update. I could have sworn that the release date was announced for the 17th of November.

1 Like

Since the only known (and publicized) information is the date of the release - 18 November 2021, this thread is simply generating conjecture, and in the process some users are approaching Code of Conduct violations. Thread closed. Please have patience, the update will be here soon.

2 Likes