GPS and Android devices⁶

Good morning Dadnathan,

Good news ! Well done. I currently don’t know why the shortcut work and not the dll copy, i will write instructions. For information, android app update the gps position of the smartphone gps so if you want you can also use any map apps like google map instead of the two maps already included in simgps.

After you bought SimGps (or before) you can
download link for the udp server frim dropvox:

Due to the use of udp you have probably accept some security checks on windows 10 to execute it.

Hello, I have bought SIMGPS. I have put simconnect.dll in the install folder. I have made sure that the udpserver is allowed on the firewall. The Android device is on the same wifi and network as the udpserver.

Do I need to fix “Error opening serial port?”. Do I need a virtual com port?
If my computer has an IP of 10.0.0.220 and the Android has an IP of 10.0.0.101, what should the IP in simgps be? It says 192.168.1.31.
Simgps is the mock location device and the location is the one from simgps (46d 05’ N, 6d 04’E)
M: Starting and U: Started

Reading config file config.txt :
Serial port : COM3
Baud: 4800
Stop Bit: 1
Parity: 0
Byte size: 8
Error in opening serial port
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Wifi:
IP Address: 10.0.0.220
Wifi:
Wifi:
Port: 5150
[ MFS 2020 : Connected =] [ Android SRV : Ready ] Lat=43.5411 Lon=6.9521 Alt=2000.0000 head=0.1000 speed=0.0000 Reading of serial communication has problem.
[ MFS 2020 : Connected =] [ Android SRV : Ready ] Lat=-45.4247 Lon=167.6869 Alt=670.0527 head=241.5012 speed=2.3085Reading of serial communication has problem.
[ MFS 2020 : Connected =] [ Android SRV : Ready ] Lat=-45.4247 Lon=167.6869 Alt=670.1111 head=242.3275 speed=2.3410Reading of serial communication has problem.

Hi Bunny,You have to set 10.0.0.220 (your computer ip) on simgps. You can set it on simgps by a click on the ip displayed in yellow.To fix serial port error is not requiered. (This is used by gps map software using a serial port) this is not your use case (you are using an android device + wifi).I hope it helps

Hi. I got it working with android. What are the speed units output by the software? It seems that the speed in from simgps in android is in meters per second but in command line it is more like in KT.
The problem is that both speeds are different that in FS2020. For example ground speed in FS (in garmin) is 131KT but speed in simgps is ~128 in cmd and ~66 in android. A bug or am I doing something wrong here ? Thanks!

Hi, just bought the app, but am having trouble with the server. I added simconnect.dll to the folder but when I run the app it says “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)”.
Help would be appreciated.

Hi, I bought the app and was able to start the server on my PC (after I updated the MSFS SDK manually). Logfile says “[ MFS 2020 : Connected =] [ Android SRV : Ready ] Lat=50.1273 Lon=8.6609 Alt=4193.0444 head=359.5691 speed=88.2531 Reading of serial communication has problem.”

I do however have trouble with getting the android application to run properly. I enabled developer mode on Android 10 and chose SimGPS as the app for simulated locations. However, when I start SimGPS, it is fixed on a location at 46° 5’ N / 6° 0’ E, which is neither the tablets actual location nor that in Flight Simulator. If I move the plane in flight simulator, this location does not change.

I chose the proper IP address in the app and pressed start. On the top right, there are two boxes. The lower is green and says “U: Started”. The upper one is red but is hidden behind the app’s title bar, so I can’t read what it says.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Folks - per the rules of the Third Party Forum (see Pinned Posts atop each section), Technical Support is not to be raised/asked here. Contact the manufacturer directly. This is their Contact Info per Google Play Store:

Topic Author was contacted and he requested closure of this thread.