GPU usage while update

why? the update is very slow, why not using steam/ms store for update???

they are using you for crypto mining :joy:

7 Likes

Ha my GPU is geting a workout from this install too. Don’t know why but it seems this always happens when Flight is loaded even if its just downloading updates or on the menus.

1 Like

the most annoying thing is the stupid update update window also intercepts your XBOX pad buttons. I dont use the pad to fly, but thought I would carry on my Dark Souls 3 Build while I wait, Sadly if I press the A button on my pad whilst I am exclusively in DarkSouls3 it opens the link in the update window. This happens TO ME even if it is minimised. This is just so beyond annoying!!

The whole update process is just so bad. Download 22GB then load up the game and download another god knows how many GB’s, why cant it just give me the option when it is download the first 22GB, terrible, and why is the updater intercepting any types of input at all aside from the mouse and whilst it is minimised?

1 Like

Just a bad design…

It is what it is.
Enjoy

Greetings

That’s how my graph looks when running the sim.

For an “Update” ???

A total waste of energy and resources.

Bad design

Not good. Not good at all

1 Like

If you enable the fps monitor in developer tools then you will see the fps is 600 (at least mine is on a 3090 at 4k), this causes high GPU usage and a bit of coil whine in my case so what I do is go to the Nvidia control panel and cap the fps to 150 during the updates to avoid running GPU at high levels. You can set it to something much lower if you want…

I would disable this cap afterwards as it may have an impact on performance with this unoptimised title. This level of fps is also seen during loading in every day usage of the sim too up to the point where it checks for updates, I assume after that point it starts to do some of the heavier things that cause fps to go down to around 130 in the menus for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.