Graphics Reset - PC with Xbox Controller for Camera

I have a PC and am using an Xbox controller for drone views. Everything has been fine for a long time, but last week I started getting a popup window after I press the “X” button on the Xbox controller. It basically says you are about to reset your graphics, continue or cancel. This is very scary of course but eventually I will accidentally hit the continue key and…well we know how that goes. I’ve looked at my controller profile, searched for the “X” button and there is nothing related to the sim itself - just camera stuff. Anyone have a clue?

I use an Xbox controller to fly the drone too (and respond to ATC using the D-pad). My “X” button opens the Game Bar - this is set from the Game Bar / Settings / Shortcuts menu.

I think you have a similar situation going on - another app is intercepting the “X” button signal & displaying the “reset Graphics” pop-up. That’s why you don’t see anything in the MSFS profile for the controller.

You might want to see if any app that configures your GPU has a configuration setting that uses the X button to display the popup you are seeing.

Thanks for posting this - this happens to me too. I have no idea what it is. I hope someone else does. It stopped happening frequently when I went back to DX11.

@brianprice49 & @Red81Trekker
What GPUs do you folks have? If they are the same brand (AMD / Nvidia / Intel) then perhaps my idea may be on the right track…

I have a GALAX 4080. Also, the “graphics settings will be reset” pop up rarely happens to me anymore, just every now and again. Used to be more frequent. Agnostic of any peripherals (I always use everything I have) and sim updates (I bought my PC with SU14 and I’m not in beta and SU15 will never be released :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Hmmm. I’m getting a MSFS window pop-up to set the sim graphics settings. So now sure how an external app would be able to do that. Last night I redid my Xbox controller mapping so tonight I’ll see if that changed anything.

NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti. But its not the NVIDIA settings that are going to be erased - it’s MSFS graphics settings, which is scary. A lot of work went into that.

Hmm - Could be I’m thinking of the wrong window. Can you post a screenshot of the window(s) you are all seeing?

ciao a tutti
sorry fo my english. I found the solution for this problem.
Enter windows setting then select games following Xbox games bar. Select GRAPHICS and select Modify default graphic setting and unclick the activation key. On my PC it works . No more message to reset the graphic option on MSFS 2020

Ciao! I have Windows 10 and the setting you describe does not exist. Withing the graphics settings for Gaming I have ‘Change default graphics settings’ but there is nothing in there about an activation key. Perhaps you have Windows 11?

Ciao , yes i have windows 11 but unfortunately the problem still exist .
i have tried several time and pressing the X key on the controller some times the message still appear. moreover no way to access to the controller configuration with Accessories XBox App