Grass in runways, taxiways and aprons

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

There are grass patches all over the runways

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A, will add on edit

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

MMJC, MMMX, KATL, EGLL, EHAM, KLAS, etc

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Roll on any runway using exterior camera, at a low camera angle you will notice grass is all over the runways

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBOX series X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same issue at KDFW Dallas Ft Worth international, the entire airport has grass textures coming through the runways and aprons.

I see the same on KDFW but only RWY 36L, not the whole airport… DX11, PC, AMD Radeon 5700XT

Same problem at KJFK just not everywhere but lots of grass on Aprons and on some runways.

I dont know what they been doing at Asobo but grass everywhere is not the answer lol

Another one, Grass on Apron and Runways at KORD Chicago 'O hare

The apron at KORD grass everywhere, come on this must be fixed guys.

There are trees as well in some aprons. At Miami for instance.

Cheers

I think its pretty safe to say that almost every airport is having this issue you just notice it better at some but all airports i been too have grass on certain runways and aprons. This needs attention and fixing before release

Someone at Asobo / Microsoft must be in love with gress lol, so many airports and aprons covered with grass. I had 1 runway which was so full of grass it looked completely green from the air. Really hope this gets fixed before release comes around

2 Likes

Same problem here, at various airports. Using DX12 on PC. Anyone on DX11 also seeing this?

I’m on Xbox with the beta so no idea if that is running in DX2 or 11 i think 12. I’m not running Beta on the PC

I can see the grass satellite texture peaking through on 36L at KDFW, but not the grass sprites

This bug, plus the messed up elevation at a lot of airports, it feels like they accidentally turned something off that tells the airports to ignore parts the base scenery.

KSFO grass on the runway

If others like to help identify Airports its really easy, just zoom in on the apron and runways at whatever airport your starting and see if you notice grass, try this at different parts of the airport because at a lot its only at certain parts.

Same here. Grass on ZSPD apron. It’s random, not exact same position each time, but consistent to have grass on apron and runway.

Its definitely is a problem because bought addons experience also grass, so its grass on every airport and apron some more noticeable then others

2 Likes

Pictures taken at default KSFO and RCTP (3rd party)

Yes but just for display FPS

I tried several 3rd party airport addons located in my community folder. They all have terrain textures on apron/ taxiway/ runway. Addon airports like ZSPD, RCTP, ZBAA. The only exception is RCSS which is a in-game market addon.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Screenshot taken in RCTP

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

ZSPD, ZBAA, RCTP etc. All those airport in community folder

Nothing, just load up.

AMD R5 5600X
X570 Mobo
AMD RX 6900 XT
32GB DDR4

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Grass sprouting through ramp surface at EGHI

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s)

Parking on ramp at EGHI in Carenado 337 aircraft - link to screenshot attached. Noticed phenomenon on taxiway too

na

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

no

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

no

Are you using DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

Now that would be a relaxing flight. Right before you take off, you get the smell of fresh cut grass from the apron…

1 Like