Ground rudder issues xbox

Hi, my daughter and i are new to MSFS, running on an Xbox series S with the xbox controller.

We are running into issues with ground rudder - after landing, the wee cessna we are learning is utterly unable to steer. Pressing the shoulder button in either direction will sometimes work, other times it steers in the wrong direction or adds a tiny amount and then reverts to centre.

Its spoiling our enjoyment as we never know if we’ll be able to properly complete our flights. The rudder functions great in the air however.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

1 Like

The nose wheel steering function has a bug which prevents the Cessna from steering properly. Try checking your controller binds on that.

Also, depending on crosswind, the tail of the plane tends to ‘windvane’ in that direction, so steering might seem less effective.

Hi, thank you for your reply. May i ask what you mean by controller binds? We are totally new to both xbox and the sim so I’m not sure i understand.

We are playing with the weather totally clear so wind is at 2knts.

Thanks

Check and make sure all assistance is turned off. You may be fighting with the copilot for control.

1 Like

Thanks , i think they are but ill go and double check

1 Like

Also, “control binding” means you can change, add, or take away certain functions in the aircraft and change them to correlate with the buttons/combinations of buttons on you xbox controller. Simply go to the options tab (or pause if in flight) and you should see one of the big boxes that says “controls options”. From there you can assign your aircraft’s systems and flight controls to you xbox controller’s buttons.

I have had this issue as well, running on the Xbox Series X.

In the taxi training mission, the rudder works as it should when pressing either the LT/RT on the controller.

When in flight, the rudder works as well.

After landing, I run into the same issues you are having, and see the same result. I end up having to use the yoke to steer the plane to taxi.

Would you have to turn all AI assistance off, or could you simply turn “auto-rudder” off.

Much like the topic author, I am having the same issue with the rudder after landing.

I have all AI assistance turned off and the problem is fixed. You can certainly try turning off auto rudder first and see if that works.

I did too but mines a bit different for me I play on Xbox series s and the rudder dosen’t turn the aircraft a bit on the ground for some reason.

Hello. Rich here. I have Xbox s.

Hello Laura kitten. Rich here. I have Xbox s. Add me, I can help

1 Like

Should I add you to?

Hello, yes.

1 Like

I sent you request yesterday, did you except it? Ima send it again

Send me a friend request my username is Daflame2654.

Ok, going on now

I didn’t get a request from you…

Hello. Added you yesterday. Your on my friends list now.

1 Like

ok I saw and thanks can you play today?