Ground textures leaking into WATER edges

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

Im seeing Boxes of what looks like ground textures mixing in water in various areas around the globe. The patches flicker and disappear. These are different from the lines we are use to seeing. all over

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly around water bodies close to edges. Doesn’t matter how big or small. They aren’t everywhere but the issue shows up a lot. Never seen this before SU10

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

So now we have ground textures showing at the waters edge where they shouldn’t as well as the sunken docks and boats at the shoreline. (See last pic from the first post).

Lovely!

Yes

Series X

1 Like

Yes

Xbox Series X, MSFS all versions since purchase (SU8 to SU10 Beta), shoreline often shows satellite banding, docks and boats are always submerged, etc. I believe the source of the banding is Bing Maps data (which is probably old)

It appears this problem originates in the Bing Map data, here are 2 screenshots of Toronto in Bing Maps, and 2 shots from MSFS, you can see the same patterns in Bing Maps, so it must be the source:

Bing Maps over Toronto

Bing Maps over Toronto

MSFS over Toronto

MSFS over Toronto

1 Like

yes

Flying the East Florida Coast for example, the issue looks to stretch for hundreds of miles in either direction. There’s plenty of flickering/popping going on with it as well

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Coast line has land masses popping in and out on coastline and land mass appearing in Broadwater

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes

Problem occur in “tours” in London, Vancouver, gold coast

Yes

Land patches emerging near coastlines and/or river banks in Vancouver, California (near LA and San Francisco), Gold Coast and Tasmania, London.

Any chance to see this mess fixed? It’s been a while…

Unfortunately, it only has six votes.

So, does it mean people don’t care? To me, is a major bug, it destroys immersion and it seems it happens in several places around the world, even on a fresh install (I’m on Xbox Series X and I just reinstalled the game, without any WU or other add-ons).

It seems to be Xbox specific, so I’m guessing not enough people care, don’t realize, or don’t know about reporting in the forums. I reported this back in early SU10 beta for Xbox, and it was actually closed by a community manager without a fix when SU10 was released but I asked for it to be reopened after someone else reported it again. One of the issues is it isn’t as convenient to report problems from your XBOX as it is on PC.

Being how noticeable the issue is, you’d think there’d be way more reports on it, even if it’s only Xbox related. There are plenty on Xbox here in the forums, the numbers are definitely here, I dunno where the community is on this one, would expect more response than this.

This has to be fixed, no way. Xbox users are not so irrelevant and this bug is awful… It seems it appeared with SU10 Beta and it affects several crucial places.

1 Like

Yes, flying over most photogrammetry near water will reproduce it. This bug has been so frustrating. Like a 10/10 on my frustration scale. It’s ruined most of my favorite places to fly, and basically ruins all photogrammetry along water. How this has not been fixed by now is mind boggling. I’m begging people to vote on this so it’ll be seen, because I just cannot handle this hideousness anymore.

Imagery tiles pop up along shorelines in photogrammetry cities. Some flicker in and out, many stay visible permanently. I’ve flown through at least a dozen photogrammetry cities around the world that have the same issue. It’s subtle in some locations but very obvious in many others.

Daytona

Tampa

Los Angeles

Santa Cruz

Gold Coast

1 Like

What makes things worse is it flickers in and out, so your eyes are always drawn to it.

The flickering is annoying, but even the tiles of scenery is just plain ugly. It’s been disappointing. I should have contributed sooner, but I guess it was so obviously bad that I thought there’d be a fix by now.

I thought it was a photogrammetry problem related to WU, but it happens even with a fresh install. The only place where I experienced this bug occurs with WU installed is Tasmania, near YMHB. Without WU Australia installed, the coastline is fine. Gold Coast is a mess with or without WU Australia installed, anyway…

Yeah, it started happening with SU10. Everything was fine before then, minus the usual tile lines. But something with SU10 really ruined the shorelines - which, unfortunately for me, were some of my favorite places to fly.

That’s almost everywhere. I thought it was just a USA and Australia problem, but I see it now even on the Naples shoreline and in other places. Definitely a very annoying bug.

1 Like