Ground textures loading in squares

Hmmm. I noticed it the first tiime in MSFS. My LOD is set to 200. Today I flew on the south of Germany & near Innsbruck and noticed this, like double kind of textures, 1 level and next was loading is squares (flight from Stramberger See to LOWI).

To make matters worse, those squares followed me, which looked terrible.

Example. It’s as if there are two different types of ground textures in this area.

What is strange, I checked GB now and … was ok. Looks like a bug in MSFS in this part of the world?

2 Likes

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Noticed it today while flying near Lienz (not that far from LOWI).
I have a 4070 Ti with the latest NVidia drivers.

2 Likes

Yes, is not your PC bug. I checked few tricks and it was always present. The issue is present here and near surrounding area. It is enough to fly a little further and the problem disappears. Looks like they use 2 kind of textures here and 2 resolution of mesh maybe near mountains. Strange. It should be an official bug.

Is there any news about this problem or a solution?

1 Like

I have the same issues near Courchevel. Has anyone found a solution? I allready deleted my community folder to try.

I noticed this while flying north of Las Vegas USA, where vegetation is scarse. I can describe it like a circular perimeter around my plane, it loads squares of higher definition texture in front of plane and when left behind the loaded square textures “unload”. This happens when flying low.

I tried a rocky area in Brasil, but I didn’t get that problem there. Maybe because there are not super high resolution photogametry like in USA? Or maybe it have something to do with more recent photogametry avaibility, I mean in US they have more recent photogametry data and this are being loaded when flying low, but in Brasil the data is still the same as when MSFS2020 was released?

Hope Asobo get it right next update
God bless you all.
Amen