GSYNC Not Working Since UK Update Post Sim Update 3

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Mouse cursor feels like 30Hz and tearing occurs with GSYNC on now. Performance is horrible and massive stuttering occurs to compound the issue. Visual quality is also impacted and the image just looks wrong since the VSYNC change in UK Update. Sometimes the profile hangar and or world map runs at 5fps. Have to fight with the UI to get the framerate back.

• Full reinstall of Windows 10 Pro latest version and updates. All dependencies up to date and system drivers.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Vsync OFF in game and CP with GSYNC enabled. Frame cap optional but usually 60 for MFS. This was working fine until UK Update.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
EVGA FTW 1080ti 11GB and 240Hz Asus 1ms TN Panel Display Port @1080p - Geforce Driver Version: 461.92 - Release Date: Tue Mar 16, 2021

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Weird, for me prior to the UK update G-Sync didn’t work unless it was set to ‘full-screen & windowed’ mode in NCP. Since the patch it’s been fine set to fullscreen mode only, and seems to be working.

On the other hand performance has been horrible since the last update so maybe your problems will diminish with todays hotfix?

It’s hard to keep track of what’s going on in these forums at times, especially if you step away and take a break. However the problem with GSYNC started the same time Asobo changed the VSYNC implementation. No idea why they did this the SIM was running great after the VR update and people were able to run with VSYNC OFF and not have tearing. It really was a WIN WIN for FreeSYNC, GSYNC, and VSYNC users before the UK update hit.

Then for whatever reason they decided to completely change the implementation and they broke GSYNC. This also added tearing for VSYNC OFF users and I have no idea how Freesync users did in the end. However my suspicion is that they did this change for the XBOX compatibility and it broke everything on the PC.

It took me a while to catch the issue myself because I wasn’t flying. However I just came back and found a fix for the Magenta line POI issue and did a full flight and I noticed when landing that indeed my GSYNC was no longer working. This is why the mouse cursor felt like it was lagging at 30Hz. It’s not working properly at all anymore and neither is the mouse cursor. It’s using some quasi hardware cursor at the wrong refresh rate now. Even the GSYNC debug feature I have shows GSYNC on but it’s actually not. This is a compatibility issue that is also causing performance issues now.

Unfortunately i had to realize that this problem still exists. New monitor with built-in GSYNC module (1-144Hz variable refresh rate), around 30FPS ingame, but the (rendered) cursor stutters like 10 FPS when GSYNC is enabled.
It seems to improve with higher framerates, but I would say it’s impossible to reach 60+ FPS on high settings near the ground, even with the best hardware… Hopefully there will be some improvement with DX12 and DLSS.

MSFS doesn’t know anything about G-sync. MSFS cannot enable or disable G-sync. Neither can Windows. This can only be done using the NVIDIA Control Panel. G-sync is a combination of hardware and software in the GPU and there monitor. It dynamically changes the monitor’s refresh rate to the FPS coming from the GPU as long as the monitor’s max refresh rate is more than the FPS. Make sure the monitor cable is connected properly to the DisplayPorts. If you still think there are G-sync problems, contact NVIDIA and/or the monitor manufacturer for support.

1 Like