Guess what? Live Weather down 1 Dec (Aus Time)

Make certain you have live weather on. Sometimes it defaults to a different setting. You can also go to Clear Skies, then back to Live weather and that will sometimes kick it in.

REX Weather Force is aware of this wind bugā€¦ hoping theyā€™ll fix it soon.

Oh no Live weather was definitely on. And yes, I tried loaded multiple flights with Live weather, change to clear skies and back, also tried loading clear skies then switching live weather on. Always the same result, clear skies. So I took a break for a few hours.
It seems to be working now, just completed a short flight. About to start another.

Got it ā€“ just wanted to double/triple check (as it has happened to me when I thought Live Weather was on and for some reason, I had clear skies on). But yeah, sounds like it was just an outage ā€“ which is frustrating.

1 Like

For me the weather really added more visual emersion. But in reality, the sim has never translated the true weather METAR correctly. Winds at the destination airport seldom depict re-world METAR reports. Obviously, they are trying to fix the weather. Unfortunately, they did more damage than good this go around. Iā€™m back to clear weather and focusing more on the other features in the sim. Still having a blastā€¦

Could be the case, could it also be on the individual user side? As frequently as I am getting the ā€˜Canā€™t syncā€™ message lately Iā€™m wondering if that could be causing the erratic weather working/not working reports.

Weather syncs up for me but not you or vice-versa?

In yesterdays case no, as there were multiple posts on this thread from other users saying Live Weather was not working for them as well.

Something simular her on a leg ( the second since we started our world tour from SuarlƩ in Belgium) from a field near Calais in France to Cottsmore AB in the UK, together with a friend, this evening.
Setup was reallife weather and we both set noon as departure time.
We took-off, climbed out through the clouds and headed NNW, using IFR navigation.
We both mentioned that during the flight, the clouds disappeared en-route.
Well, okā€¦ That might be true IRL as well but we were not expecting crisp clear skies over the UK.
We both landed with pretty serious crosswinds but without scratches whatsoever. ( I love my rudder pedals)
Next leg will be up north to Scotland.
Since we choose the JF Piper warrior III as our vehicle for this world tour it will take weeks, if not months to get back at SuarlƩ in Belgium.
After weā€™re back at his airfield we will be welcomed by our friends and families, both planes will have to get their annual inspection.