Guess what? Live Weather down 1 Dec (Aus Time)

Topic and screenshots say it all.
World Map: (its VERY wet in northern New South Wales at the moment)

What loads

Could this mean it’s being fixed? I’m seeing same thing right now.

It will most likely only be fixed with the next major update - SU8, next year. Or a SU7 hotfix

I just landed in Auckland. It was perfect. I typically have weather running on a separate computer to check accuracy. It was spot on for me.

@BlackSanta512 When did you initially load your flight? I only started up MSFS about 15 mins ago. Live weather may have gone down after you loaded your flight.

@sniperman68slc what part of the world are you in?

I flew from Christchurch to Auckland in the 747, so around 55 min or so ago give or take a few minutes.

1 Like

I’m in N. Utah USA. Nothing but clear skies everywhere in sim for me.

1 Like

Down for me here in the UK too, 23:36z 30/11/2021

1 Like

Yeah it seems to go down randomly. I know that in the past I’ve been in the middle of a flight, checked this forum and everyone’s saying Live weather is down and it was working fine for me. It looks like if it works when you first load up the sim then it will work your entire flight. But if you happen to try and load a flight when there is a server outage (or whatever is causing it) then its a no deal :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Good thing I’m done flying for a few hours. This weather stuff drives me crazy.

2 Likes

Oh mate its a joke. Never before have I seen a piece of software that is so unreliable and buggy.

1 Like

Maybe this is evidence of a hot fix being worked on as we speak. We can hope! :crossed_fingers:

@sniperman68slc I like your positive vibes :smiley:

1 Like

Down here in Boston USA, tried reloading the sim 3 times and just 3 220 29.92 (real altimeter from metar should be 30.17)

REX shows 29.91

I was flying out of KTIX in the sim.

1 Like

It is still November 30 in my world (USA) but the last few days have had some quirky weather issues. In the last three flights (with different aircraft) I have observed the following:

1. No live weather when I spawned the aircraft. Reloaded the sim = no luck. Rebooted the PC = no luck
  2. Activated REX WX and it gave me spot on with the NOAA metars. But several times during each flight the altimeter went crazy, rapidly changing altitude 1000’s of feet in a split second. It would settle down a few seconds later. Could be the barometric pressure data was missing from that specific location(?) Several other weather changes occurred rather suddenly instead of gradually.
  3. With REX there was snow cover over the northern part of Eastern Europe but no ice on water.
  4. On short final (with REX) the winds suddenly changed to 100 +knot crosswinds. So in each case I switched back to LIVE weather and it seemed to then be working and agreeing with Aviation Weather metars. But during short final there were several momentary radical fluctuations in airspeed and wind direction causing hard turbulence but lasting only a second or two. Everything would settle back down before 100 feet agl. I would have thought it was wind sheer but it occurred exactly the same way and at the same distance from the runway in each of the flights. It didn’t behave like RW wind sheer. It must be another weather engine related issue.

My conclusion is that whatever changes (or glitches) in the weather engine since SU7 are causing even REX to malfunction. On a positive side note, however, the snow cover is beginning to appear in certain locations (without using REX) and there appears to even be ice on the lakes in those locations. Northern Canada has been spectacularly winter implemented but the Scandinavian countries were still enjoying summer when I checked a week ago! LOL! Maybe Asobo is beginning to implement seasons!

1 Like

:flushed:HELLO!:flushed: Wow… that’ll sure wake 'ya up!!!

Just curious: if damage is enabled, that would be flight ending stress, wouldn’t it?

Live Weather back and working as of 1345 AEDT/ 0245 UTC

The beautiful King Air shortly after takeoff from YMGB