[GUIDE] Checklist for the A320neo

Hello fellow flight simmers and welcome to all flight sim newbies!

I made this checklist back in the Alpha/Beta days to help some of the people with their first steps in the A320neo.
The checklist is based on the guide created by Chuck from the mudspike website (LINK). READ IT! :slight_smile:
This guide is perfect for new people as it contains a lot of information, but it’s too much to print it or scroll through it on a second monitor all the time.
That was the reason why I made this shortened checklist with a few explanations in it.
I also made a second checklist for people who like a shorter list without all the explanations.

I hope you like it and it helps you to get the Airbus flying.
If you are missing something or find any mistakes please send me a message.

CHECKLISTS:

Basic Checklist with explanations

Basic Checklist

I uploaded the PDFs to Dropbox:

With explanations:

Short version:

104 Likes

I updated the checklist for the release version 1.7.12.0!
Take a look at it and leave feedback if you find any mistakes :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I uploaded the PDF version of the checklist to my Dropbox. Check the first post to download it!
As soon as I get the permission to upload them directly to the forum I will update the first post again.

18 Likes

Bu hala güncel mi ?

Short version? Its pretty long still :sweat_smile:. Thats not a checklist, thats a procedure, e.g. rotate at Vr should not be a checklist items. Taking off in VS mode is wrong by the way… I don’t get the reason for using Vertical Speed mode so extensively, VS required is depending on the atmospheric conditions and weight, you can’t say use 2500 fpm for take-off, 2000 ft/min at x feet etc. Why not use managed mode or otherwise simply use CLIMB mode and set the correct speed manually? VS mode is only used in climb as not to exceed 2000 fpm when 2000 ft from cleared level and / or 1000 fpm when 1000 ft from cleared level to prevent nuisance TCAS alerts.

2 Likes

Massive thank you. Makes my flights much more realistic.

Super thanks for the guide! As a complete beginner, this was so helpful in completing my first flight! :smiley: With so many guides and videos out there, this one was the most comprehensible to me.

Is there any chance you will be updating this guide for 2023?
I noticed Landing Lights: ON is missing and I also found the V/S modes confusing and awkward to fly with.