H-4 Hercules engine numbering

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Brief description of the issue:

The H-4 Hercules engine numbering is 1,2,3,4 from left to right. It would be better to follow standard military numbering with odd numbers on right side and even numbers on left side with 1 and 2 inboard. The multi-engine float planes require left or right engine(s) to turn and with 2 throttle lever inputs set up for the port or starboard engines, this works well. But the Hercules engine numbering means having to reassign the engines when going from a 2 engine plane to 4 engine one when numbered as the Hercules is.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not sure which military you’re referring to, but I can assure you in the U.S. Air Force that’s not accurate. For example, on the B-52, engines 1-4 are numbered from far port outboard inward toward the fuselage and 5-8 are numbered on the starboard wing from closest to the fuselage outward toward the wingtip. All versions of the four engine -135 and -130 (KC, EC, RC, ETC) are numbered similarly, i.e. #1 is far left wing, #2 is inboard left wing, #3 inboard right wing, #4 outboard right wing.
Regards

Moved to Community-General Discussion.

As @Habu2u2 said.
Also, there will always be compromise unless one has the hardware to accommodate any particular aircraft.

You could set up a new seperate throttle/prop/mix mapping for the herc. Once done, it takes 3 seconds to change over.

What you’re describing is the engine numbering scheme of ships, not airplanes.

I retract my comment. I’m Navy but not aviation. All of the equipment onboard ships is even number port and odd starboard moving inboard to outboard. I should have researched it before making my post. Some of the 4, 6, & 8 engine planes in FSX were numbered the port - starboard, odd - even way so I assumed all aircraft should be that way. I’ll try to do better next time.

1 Like

No worries! We’re all sorting things out. My son was Navy, so I’ll have to sort him out, too apparently!! :grinning: :grinning:
Regards

Dashing Leper beat me to it. I remember the numbering system for the cargo net debark stations on transports :joy:

Naval aviation also use engine numbering left to right from the pilots perspective. :slightly_smiling_face:

According to the manual for the Hughes Flying Boat 1-8.6(a) regarding the Flight Engineer’s Engine Panel states: The eight banks of controls and instruments are numbered from left to right (1-8 Inclusive) for each each engine. This is actually referencing a later version of the panel and no such numbering was visable on the panel for the 11/2/47 flight.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.