HamFam Simulations Addon Update (October 2023)

Hello everyone!

I would just like to post an update here regarding my addons, if you would like to read it! Here is the article: HamFam Simulations Update October 2023

Or, here’s a typed one below so you don’t have to leave the forum:

<--- Click here!

Howdy everyone!

It’s the end of October already! 2023 has sure gone by fast and has been a year of wonders. I first got a PC in December of 2022, and the first thing I started doing was developing things for MSFS. I started editing basic stuff at airports, like updating runways, taxiways, apron length, etc. for personal use.

I then got some inspiration from WombiiActual around April after he made a Witch addon for MSFS (which truly is amazing😀) to make a fun aircraft of some sorts. I really loved the Peanuts series and made a flying Snoopy’s Doghouse (as shown to your right)

Snoopy’s Doghouse

I did not release this to the public due to Copyright concerns. In the future, I may release it once I get some things ironed out!

Later, I made my first (public) fun aircraft, the Flying Snowman after having some fun in Blender.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 185916.jpg

Flying Snowman

I then announced that I was making a 717-200 for MSFS. Little did I know this would be quite the project! I’ve been working what feels like nonstop and there is much more to be done. Hence why I’m not showing any previews at the moment-I’m waiting for until I get finished with more on the aircraft. I will show pictures in December :grin:

That brings us to today-read on for more!

If you actually read all of that, here’s a cookie: :cookie:

And HUGE Thank you to Wombii for all of your help, I really appreciate it!! None of these addons would exsist without him. Please download his addons which can be found here: Flightsim.to - Profile of WombiiActual

-HamMan2118

KMBS Airport

This airport is near and dear to my heart as it’s the airport I fly out most. It’s a very tiny airport…my high school is bigger than it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. On average, there are 6 commercial flights each day. 3 on Delta Air Lines to KDTW, and 3 on United Airlines to KORD. Both are operated on CRJs.

Here’s the full Wikipedia article: MBS International Airport - Wikipedia

The airport will be released in January once I get the custom buildings made. From there, it will be payware. But not to worry-it will be around $5 USD. The final product is intended to include:

• Custom Aprons
  • Updated Runways
  • Custom Buildings
  • Updated Taxiway Data
  • General Terrain Fixes

I look forward to sharing this airport with you!

Winter Package

Winter is a-coming! So, let’s celebrate it with some fun flying winter objects! The package will release on December 1st and will include:

• Flying Snowman
  • Flying Christmas Tree
  • Flying Snowflake
  • Flying Christmas Wreath
  • Flying Star (this will light up at night :slight_smile:
  • Flying Ortaments
  • Santa’s Sleigh
  • …and some fun Christmas decorations found around the word.

Not many more details about this, but like KMBS, I look forward to sharing this with you in December!

Boeing 717-200

One many of you are probably looking forward too. I don’t have much more of an update
for you sadly! Other than to state that the cockpit and exterior models are coming along
well!

As I noted in the introductory statement, I will share more info regarding the plane in
December! :slight_smile:

:eyes:

What’s this?!?!

You guessed it, it’s an A340-300! In addition to the 717, I have decided to work on an A340.
I won’t discuss much now, but…

Q.) How much will it cost?

A.) It will likely be freeware!

Q.) When is the release date?

A.) January/February of 2024 is when Alpha testing will start, and I intend on releasing it to
the public in March of 2024.

Q.) Will it be high-fidelity?

A.) That is our goal! If not then as close to real life as possible.

Q.) What does this mean for the 717?

A.) I am still working on it, don’t you worry! I decided to make this plane as well for fun.

Stay tuned for more updates!

That’s all from me!

Make sure to join our Discord here: HamFam Simulations Microsoft Flight Sim Addons/Mods

(also…if you click on one of the emojis, you may find a little surpise! :eyes::cookie:)

HamFam Simulations Discord: HamFam Simulations Microsoft Flight Sim Addons/Mods Join here for updates regarding my addons!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.