Hangar flashes

Hello,

I observe that the light in the hangar is flashing rapidly since the last update.
It doesn’t have to be fun for people with epilepsy …

Regards,

Do you mean this? It mostly occurs in parts of the aircraft and the cockpit which are not directly lit.

I haven’t found a way to reproduce this consistently. It happens only right after booting the game, and the problem goes away when returning from a flight.

I agree that it could be dangerous for people suffering from photosensitive epilepsy.

3 Likes

yep, it is exactly that :+1:

1 Like

If they are using the sim they’ll be seated. Not dangerous.

I don’t know a lot about this condition, but doing a quick check I cannot find anything in regard to whether being seated helps with this. TV screens, computer monitors and video games are some of the most common listed examples that could cause a seizure, and I know that a few years ago a couple of movies were attached with a warning about flashing strobe lights.

Even though this flickering bug is not too intense, it cannot be avoided because the hangar is always rendered behind the main menu, and the visibility of the flickering parts can depend on the camera’s position according to the selected aircraft. I think it should be made a priority for safety reasons.

Exactly the same issue with my system (i9 12900k, RTX 3080Ti, 32GB DDR5 @4800MHZ) After starting a flight and returning to the menu, the flashing/flickering disappears.
Doesn’t seem to be a major problem.

Thankfully the flickering bug (as well as the camera bug) is now fixed with Sim Update 8. I’ve been in the beta and haven’t seen it occur since then. Today the update is available for everyone.

1 Like