Hangar for storing customized aircraft

To me, the hangar is a place where you store your nice shiny aircraft!

So, please can we have the hangar as a place to store our aircraft with customized setups, such as livery, tail number etc.
Then when we go fly, we select either from the list of available aircraft, or an aircraft from our hangar which is all setup as we want it for every flight.

Would be nice if it also keeps track of how many hours we have flown each aircraft!

This is a great idea!

Who is using the hangar?
I never use it and it is a real shame. It’s a beautiful tool, the visuals are stunning but it is hidden in the menus and doesn’t have any meaningful goal.

Could we access the hangar when we click on the liveries menu, so we can switch and admire all the liveries?
This would be a nice addition to the sim.

Thank you very much

This seems like a much better use for the hangar. I rarely use it myself, just because it’s shoved out of sight, in an area I only visit every so often.

Clicking the aircraft selection area could open up the hangar, maybe with the current style aircraft and livery selection menu as a collapsible menu at the bottom? Default the menu to aircraft selection, but when an aircraft is selected, a click spot is made available to choose a livery, swapping the aircraft menu for the livery menu.

Of course, there would need to be a way to jump back to the aircraft menu, whether you then need to “Apply” the livery selection to do so, or maybe just a simple back arrow?

Just an extension of an idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use it sometimes but agree that it could have a more prominant role.

If I don’t know what livery/aircraft I want, then before starting a flight you can use the hangar to choose them. Then when you go into the main menu to setup your flight, the last aircraft/livery you were in while in the hangar is selected. So you can use the hangar but you just have to go there first before starting a flight.