Hardware Problems

Hi,

I am just back to MSFS after a new download and more time to spend.

My hardware set up is all Saitek/Logitech: -

Pro Flight Yoke with throttle qudrant connected via din socket
Rudder pedals - direct connection via USB on tower unit
Flight Switch Panel - direct connection via powered USB hub
Flight Multi Panel - direct connection via powered USB hub

When I try to configre and assign these within FS it only lists the Yoke and Pedals.

The Quadrant and panels are not there.

Need some assistance with this please simmers.

Thanks

The switch panels aren’t configurable in MSFS. At all. That’s due to Logitech’s shoddy, closed drivers.

You have 2 options:

1. Download and install Logitech’s driver. It will let you use the panels, but they won’t be compatible with every plane as you can’t reconfigure them in any way.

2. Buy the payware Spad.next software. It replaces the Logitech drivers completely (you have to remove / not install the Logi drivers). It will then let you configure every switch, knob, display, etc to your heart’s content and create custom layouts for whatever plane you may be flying.

Sorry to break the news to you, but those are your only options if you own Logitech stuff.

The yoke and pedals require no special drivers. They automatically recognized by Windows (and subsequently by MSFS) as generic USB controllers and that’s why you see them in the MSFS settings.

1 Like

Thanks very much for that info and advice. Seems like SpadNext is the thing to have

Fwiw I use the Logitech drivers for my switch panel and have zero problems using them.

Good luck. Spad is a huge improvement. It doesn’t configure your layouts in the sim menus, but in its own software. And it talks to the sim via SimConnect vs natively being recognized. That will let you access funtionality that has no available bindings, which is a big plus.

They don’t work with every plane. Particularly 3rd party planes that use custom lvars and events. But they do work well as long as you stick to default GA planes.

Ah I only use the TBM and 152, wasn’t aware of the 3rd party aeroplanes problems.

The Logitech panels are hard programmed to use just default variables and events from the SDK. Nothing else.

Many 3rd party devs create custom variables and events because the default, base ones don’t really work correctly with their advanced planes. Most will use the base ones where possible (like for basic AP stuff), but there’s just stuff that doesn’t exist in the SDK and they have to go their own way.

In some planes, you’ll find very little on the Logitech panels actually works outside of a couple of basic switches like lights, trim wheel and landing gear.