Has anyone angled for a refund on their FS2020 License? [Xbox]

I am sure if one reads the fine print, you are free to terminate the license agreement and I am sure MS would agree to nullifying that contract .

But I doubt you can recover what you paid. You might be able to negotiate for MS store credits, but actual cash back is not likely.

It all boils down to what MS is willing to give to keep loyal customers. They don’t need to refund under the terms of the license agreement, and they are legally obligated to nothing. But Xbox customers are also legally obligated to nothing, and can certainly decide right here and now “I guess we will be a PlayStation house from now on”.

So whatever MS does, is goin g to motivated by not seeing their numbers drop. Its the consoles sales number they want to protect the most. Titles sold, actively used are important measures, but not hugely impacting to their bottom line future.

Its when they want people to buy their next gen console instead of the competitors, that is what they care about.

Pc are having a hard time. To think the Xbox would be different is madness.

I am in the process of attempting to get a full refund for the premium version I originally purchased.

FYI, I would classify this entire situation as a “quality defect” of the product and therefore subject to a full refund. The quality of the program and accumulated subsequent mandatory updates has caused a degradation in the programs quality (for my high end PC) and its ability to function. Since I had no choice regarding the use of the updates due to their mandatory adoption and their degrading impact, I can no longer accept or use this program. I have suffered a 100% loss of my purchase.

I’ll report back on results.

2 Likes

All the more reason not to buy stuff that’s available to try out on GP for free. If it were such a complete and finished/polished product, it wouldn’t be on GP to begin with.

Heck, I rushed to purchase the Mig 29 cos’ I’ve loved it from the very start but somewhat getting buyer’s remorse. The F-16 on the other hand is a sweet *** plane!

Personally, I’d think twice before buying anything, cos locking planes and especially scenery/graphics behind a paywall is bad practice. You’d literally have to pay hundreds of dollars to experience the game as the developer intended … Oh wait, is this the iRacing of flight simulators? :joy:

Try Xplane or P3D. You’ll be adding a couple of zeros to the end of that number.

It’s on the game pass because it’s a first party product. Just like Halo, and Forza.

2 Likes

Why do people keep calling it “the” gamepass? I will never understand… :sweat_smile:

I can’t speak for Plucky specifically, but English is not everyone’s native language and peoples’ master of English varies wildly. Often, they translate things that would make sense and be correct in their own language that turns out to be incorrect (although completely understandable) in English.

It’s my native language mate, I’m from England.

I’m really not too bothered if the level of pedantry is such that someone feels a pressing need to pull me up over a three letter word. There are more important things in life. :+1:

3 Likes

Fair enough mate. You can call it what you wish. I personally don’t care. I just see so much pendantic nitpicking over peoples use of English. It seems that people can’t wrap their heads around the fact that this is a global community, and not everyone possesses the same level of English as they might.

1 Like

I don’t speak the English very good…

Fixed that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I speak Vulcan :wink:

Rom tor ragel-tor wuh’ashiv vi thresh-tor t’nash-veh salatik lahv

I would like to know for those who have had a refund on a market purchase, i bought a plane a few days ago and impossible to fly with it, i have CTD all the time.

So i asked for a refund which was accepted, i uninstalled the plane but it still displayed in the content manager.

Will it be taken away from there ?
I find it weird to be refund but i still own the plane?

Had Microsoft Flight Simulator since 1995 Edition, always used PC.
A PC can be customised, upgraded and used for so many other things.
Send your XBOX back and buy a PC.

1 Like

No it’ll stay in your content manager.

1 Like

Not everyone has $2000 AUD to build a decent PC. There is non way I could build a PC for the cost of an Xbox Series X.

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer :wink:, so if i reinstall the plane and later an update fixes my CTD bug, i could still use the plane ? despite the fact that i was refund ?

sorry for all this question :worried:, i just want to be sure.

I agree, not everyone has that luxury and it’s facile and simplistic to just say ‘buy a PC’.

I personally do, and am in the process of doing so, so I appreciate the fortunate position I’m in.

1 Like