Has anyone found a way to get either the Real-time online or AI Offline traffic to actually work?

I have tried using Real-time online and at times I have seen some planes in the sky but rare… I hear ATC talking to them or even at the airport the planes requesting pushback or taxi with nothing…

I switched to AI Offline and set it 100, I saw one plane land and taxi and that was it… What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Have you gone into configuration/traffic and turned up the volume/quality of the traffic avaliable? Id start there. The higher your sliders the more traffic you will see.

So under general settings if I have real-time online selected I cannot change the number of aircraft slider it is greyed out. However I do have all the ground vehicle settings turned to 100 which all that does is add planes at the gates…

When I went to AI Offline I turned that slider to 100 and still had the planes at the gate and like I said only one that taxied… I’m not sure if changing to AI Offline I should have restarted the sim for it take affect or not.

I dont know how they implemented this to be honest, I know that if you have live traffic set to on, its not live traffic, its AI flying know flights that are IRL happening. If you have only multiplayer on, you will only see real live people flying, except they dont show up on the mfd or navmap, so you only see them when you are actually up close to them (usually around airports).

I either fly with live traffic on, and then can intercept other AI flights, or everthing but multiplayer off where I will very seldomly see any other aircraft in game, it happens from time to time, but with 2+ million players you would think the sky would be more crowded.

I find it highly inconsistent.

I took off from KSFO yesterday around 08:00 local time and there was zero activity at the airport. While tuned to ground, I heard no other communications with ground control from other aircraft. There were a few static planes parked at gates.

I saw no planes taxiing, none taking off, none landing and none on approach.

This is San Francisco International Airport — there is always something going on there.

Other times, I’ve seen activity and witnessed take-offs and landings, etc.

It’s just very inconsistent.

1 Like

Why not head over to AIG for Kaii’s excellent freeware Ai Traffic package, provided it is installed correctly you will have more traffic than what you currently have.

This Ai package is well supported by it’s developers and I have plenty of traffic with good quality aircraft.

2 Likes

The traffic (from what I understand) is only a fraction of the real world live traffic, so not every flight is going to show up. It seems like a small percentage.

I’ve heard that it’s gotten a bit better in SU9 but can’t confirm as I use AIG which takes it to another level. The problem is still with the base sim though, with that extra traffic comes other issues in how the AI is handled but AIG has made some improvements / workarounds to handle it.

Yeah I have used AIG before and it was good when I used it. Just there were certain things about it I didn’t care for. For instance the constant ATC traffic of being told to expedite descent. (Although that has been fixed now). And then the constant TC crashing during flights (which I know is an Asobo issue). It might be worth a relook though as last time I used it was when it first released…

I also have a very good PC and it was definitely resource heavy with AIG. I mean MSFS is already resource heavy and adding something else resource heavy isn’t usually the best idea.

Sometimes my real-world traffic is too busy even with settings low. I will agree it does seem spotty and inconsistent, but I love seeing other traffic both on the ground and in-flight. It’s just amazing.

Is that default traffic for you? I am considering trying AIG again.

Does AIG change the behaviour of the planes on the ground after landing? I mean: Landing 50m from the threshold, braking to a crawl within 200m, and then crawling for 5 min. to the 3th rwy turnoff. That’s for me the biggest problem with traffic. On busy airports i only activate Live Traffic (or AI Traffic) after pushback, because otherwise so many go-around planes accumulate that it regularly causes a ctd.

1 Like

No, AIG simply installs models, liveries and flight plans.

It cannot fix the core sim issues with regards to how ground traffic is handled.

They have implemented some work around on their side to stop the constant go arounds but the fixes themselves (runway exit speeds, taxi speeds, planes spinning when getting behind one another, etc…) are all on Asobo’s end.

The other nice option that AIG offers, is even if you don’t want to inject their traffic (using AIG Traffic Controller) you can still install the AIG Manager, downloads the airlines you wish, or all, and that is what will be used for model matching (models and liveries) for the in-sim default / multi player traffic which is nice.

1 Like

So, in msfs traffic’s current state, i better not use AIG to inject more traffic and wait 'till Asobo finally fixes it. Busy airports with non-adjacent runways (EHAM, KJFK) are sooo terrible. Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

you AIG to get the Content and then use MSFS default AI live traffic for a bit of traffic - that would be the best combination at the moment to avoid big traffic issues

1 Like

Yes i will. Gone with the pointy-nosed planes, i guess! :sweat_smile:

I was also not seeing the Real Live Traffic until I selected it on the Flight Conditions screen also.

Maybe this will help you.

1 Like

Yes, it’s one of the things (like Weather, time and Rolling Cache) that regularly changes/switches off for some reason. I always check it now.

I was using default live traffic. I had tried AIG but after configuring I only saw maybe 2 aircraft in all of DFW. So I went back to default.

Oh wow. When I used AIG I had a bunch of traffic but it was unstable because of simconnect issues.

I will say today though even though I don’t have planes landing or taking off at least I have some that are flying in the sim. A lot where on final for landing but then disappeared before they landed.

I’m hopeful Just Flight’s FS Traffic will be good. (If it even gets released)

1 Like

Sim is pretty devoid of traffic at the moment. I am in southern Spain and there is nothing in the sky but me…