Has MSFS become an addiction yet?

Yes, I typically go on 1-3 flights per day. I started using VR a little over a month ago. I don’t see myself ever going back to the 2D version.

1 Like

MSFS, the wives nightmare…

4 Likes

@phl188 … or the wives joy! :wink:

2 Likes

Had a magical MSFS moment today with a great session on VATSIM, that’s becoming very addictive.

EIDW-EICK-EIDW. Lots of traffic at Dublin and GND\TWR\APP online which made for really interesting and realistic traffic flows, 5-6 of us holding off the runway while the controller tries to slot us in between the constant arrivals. The scenery and misty weather adding to the immersion. Slight panic when I levelled off at 2000ft and she refused to climb due to a restriction I had falsely entered in the FMS. Controller didnt seem to mind as I screamed along at 250kts\2000ft while I figured out the Vertical Speed knob.

On the return leg it was near dark and the experience of the landing lights reflecting off the wispy clouds was awesome on the descent over Dublin bay. I could see the strobes and nav lights of all the traffic around me as the controllers vectored us all to land. I could hear probably 10 different accents from around the world on the approach frequency all being vectored around each other. Epic. Had the A320 down to 141kts on final approach with very late landing clearance due to traffic in front of me. Then scoot off the runway and try to find taxi chart.

Two hours vanished in a flash and in between scrambling between charts and changing frequencies and flying the bird it was great fun.

2 Likes

I just bought a steam deck but I am afraid when I can get my hands on an Ryzen 9 and GTX 1080/1090.

1 Like

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a flight sim binge.

2 Likes

I think so… I can’t get enough of this incredible sim.

2 Likes

Checking this forum almost daily to see just how negative and rude some people can be. Also, watching over bloated, entitled egos get schooled is fun in itself.:joy:

As for the sim, I’m waiting for VR controller support. Hate using the mouse.:computer_mouse:

1 Like

I’m not sure I should tell you this but I take the little guide book I got with the DVD install and read that whilst I’m sitting down in the ‘little boys room’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

And we thought the ‘First One’ was supposed to be Free,… Oh Well.

2 Likes

Addiction? MSFS?

So far the only thing i still need is a new graphicscard, still running the GTX1080, but it’s just silly trying to get a new one right now.

I’ve upgraded my PC, desk, finally got the obutto revolution (which i’d been craving since 2011, but only bought this last september) and will be making my way towards VR… So yeah, the mancave has seen quite a few upgrades, of which the anouncement of MSFS2020, released on my birthday, was definately the kickoff…

Okay: I’m Steiny, and i’m an addict… to gaming. (not cable-management :wink: )

:wink:

previous mancave:

Current mancave:

have a great day all, happy flying!

Kindest regards,

Steiny

3 Likes

Imagine that whole setup on a motion gimbal mimicking motion within the sim! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Addicted?? Nah!!

5 Likes

Thats a pretty sweet setup!

yes… has

After the multiple tests that I have carried out, returning to the default NCP values, I still notice a lot of lack of fluidity in the simulator, both in cockpit view and in exterior view.
I wish we had the chance to go back to the version prior to the last update.

Got addicted to the build (back in March of 2020 in anticipation of software)… but I’ve really only spent a couple hundred hours of flight time since release.

I’ve probably spent more cumulative time here in the forums than in the sim.

Jim-Sim

5 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re down.
For some reason, I seem to be running along fine.
Might have something to do with a Community folder that only has three simple utilities in it.
Hope things get working for you soon.

Jim-Sim

At this rate with the type of updates Asobo is releasing I do agree completely.
They really need to find a way to allow us run old versions.