Has the weather issue returned for anyone else?

Hi

Since the last update, I’ve found that if you start a new flight after completing one, it doesn’t load the weather properly and reverts back to the 3kt at 225 it was doing ages ago. I’ve not had it do that for a long time. It’s fixed b closing and restarting the sim but its annoying. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks,
Paul

Yeah. It is annoying but fortunately it happens rarely for me.

Funny - this never went away for me. Maybe it is server load-dependent as others have said in the past. I must shut the sim down, and start with a fresh start to have live weather work. I’ve tried other work around people have mentioned but none have worked for me.

Very common issue, has hit people now that it worked fine for on release. Loads of posts about it/work arounds. Hopefully fixed next patch.

First flight always works great, any subsequent flight is clear skies across the globe. Pretty sure server issue but hey.

I wouldn’t count on it. They have to actually accept this is a bug vs user error before they address it.

This is what worries me. Its the most easily proven wide spread bug going but not a peep verifying its existence!

A fix is to select Clear Skies at the start menu before loading your first flight. Once you set it, you won’t have to change it from the menu. Load up your flight, and once in the flight deck, select live weather from the top menu. Has worked every single time for me for multiple flights. The key is you have to select clear skies BEFORE you load your first flight. It’s a pain to click the weather once in the flightdeck each time, but until a fix, it’s one more click vs re-loading the sim.

Let’s be very clear here - this is not a fix. It’s a workaround. It has its drawbacks, one you’ll encounter immediately. The active runway for takeoff will always be based on the wind direction when you loaded into the game with wind at 225, not the actual live weather wind. Once you load live weather, your wind could be a bad crosswind or tail wind, and that’s what you’re stuck taking off with. If you’re taking a short flight, your landing runway will also be based on that 225 wind at loading vs actual conditions when you reach your destination airfield.

In any case, we shouldn’t have to do this to get our weather working. And it sucks that Asobo are ignoring this and treating it as user error.

1 Like

same issue for me right now fliying LEPA /LEBL.

I don’t use the built in ATC which is garbage. I use Simbrief and Vatsim for realism. My departure runways will be the same. This workaround fixes the problem per use. Hopefully Asobo will figure out the server issue that blocks live weather so it’s automatic.

I remember people reporting this at launch. Some saying this was an issue as far back as the alpha. Asobo always considered it user error in that people weren’t setting their live weather correctly. If you file a Zendesk ticket, you get a canned reply with the steps to enable live weather as it should work, and your ticket is closed. Only that “official fix” only works on the first flight for many of us.

For me, Live Weather worked fine (when it actually worked) until the last November patch. It hasn’t worked since without using this workaround.

finished my world tour and winds according windy.com has been very accurate almost exact (yes different systems and latencies) but anyway, cant say about cloud coverage but there was snow in southern part of finland (as there should) so works for me at least

We’re talking about weather not working past the first flight without having to restart the sim, not the accuracy of weather or winds. Accuracy of weather is a totally different topic.

And on a side note, you’re right. Wind data seems to be pretty spot-on for the most part.

my weather has been spot on without restarting the sim regardless.

It did for me midflight from Frankfurt to El Cairo, it seems the servers went down or something

For me loading each flight with “clear skies” then picking “live weather” once the flight has loaded worked without fail. It might be a good workaround until the weather selection becomes more reliable.

2 Likes

Thanks folks, yes that workaround works fine. It’ll do for now.

The strangest thing is that I didn;t encounter the issue when everyone else did, maybe because I was only flying in UK and Europe which seemed unaffected.

It’s only been an issue since VR update. Slightly annoying but not a huge issue.

Thanks again everyone,
Paul

No. Ever since using the workaround my weather is very consistent with real world weather. That includes departure and arrival airports as well as enroute.

Wasnt aware it went away…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.