Has this part of Norway been always that bad?

As per title. Just wanted to fly over Norway first time and this is what I saw. All my settings are maxed out.

Wasn’t Norway addressed in the Nordic WU?

Textures and terrain are pretty poor in the far north all around the Arctic, and have been since 2020.

Hi there
If you go to developer mode and go to Debug > Display position, you should be able to get coordinates. If you copy and paste them here, others could check out the location to see if it is bad for them, too.

1 Like

Looks like your data is turned off and you are offline.

1 Like

It’s not. Other parts of Norway and most of the World look good.

Lat 66.806015
Lon 16.372256

Also Norway, but further south

For a comparison Tatry Mountains in Poland/Slovakia. Same graphics and data settings.

Hi there,

If you would like, you can feel free to report this as a bug in Scenery & Airports.

If you choose to do that, I would just ask that you:

1. Fill out the bug template. (A lot of people delete it and we are trying to stop that.)
  2. Make sure you include the coordinates. Otherwise, it’s nearly impossible to find these places.
  3. Add the tags #scenery #europe #norway #textures for searchability.

I am happy to raport it but wanted to check if others see the same. Maybe there is something wrong on my end.

1 Like

Thank you. That is definitely the right approach to do it this way rather than going straight to a bug report. :+1:

I looked at your coordinates and I saw it, too.

3 Likes

I’m seeing the same as you at that location. Definitely some sort of fault/bug.

1 Like

In general, Norway needs a lot of work. For such an incredible country, the World Update didn’t do it much justice. I sincerely hope a lot of work is put into Norway for MSFS2024.