Have a question, What is meant by the term "WASM"?

Hi there, Just trying to learn the aviation terms. What does the term “WASM” mean? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, I suspect you are seeing WASM in the context of the MSFS program and SDK, and in that context it means WebAssembly.

Here is a thread about it, probably a lot more:

3 Likes

So you wanted to learn all about aviation, eagerly purchased FS 2020 - and promptly stumbled over a term which has nothing to do with aviation at all :wink:

As my previous poster has already mentioned WASM stands for „Web Assemnly“.

In fact, that „technology“ is a general „web technology“ (not specific to FS 2020):

https://webassembly.org/

2 Likes

Sorry I’m basically very new to the flightsim world and aviation and didn’t know what WASM meant…I thought it was an aviation term or abbreviation for aviation. Thanks for the information and help…:slight_smile: @MarkManner Thanks so much for your information…I appreciate the help from both of you…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, no worries - me too (hence I am currently still more familiar with „developer terms“ than aviation terms myself. But I am getting there ;))

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.