Have not seen a ship/boat for sometime with Seafront Simulations

Sorry for the delay in replying to your response.

I have tested a few locations out now with the Dev Mode “boat names” summary as you suggested. Had only a bit of leisure flying time so didn’t want to spend it “testing” :slight_smile:

Nice, Cote D’Azur area = ~50
Gibraltar = ~125
Dubai = ~150
Portsmouth / Isle of Wight UK = ~250

Traffic sliders for Leisure Boats and Ship & Ferries both at 100%.

So it does look like it’s working but it’s weird that what prompted me to write in this thread was the fact that I didn’t see any in Dubai. No container ships in the distance. No leisure boats. Also yesterday was flying around Orkney Islands (Scotland) and saw absolutely nothing at all?

Today, in Dubai I do see them as I remember and Portsmouth is really busy. The 100% sliders maybe too much as my PC was lagging a bit (also have detailed airports in the area and it’s got photogrammetry here).

Strange that if I slew a bit further (using Dubai as example about 20 miles away from the main city area), the spawned number goes down to like 7 to 10, then if I wait it repopulates to around 40-50 but then I can see many of them despawn a few seconds later and it’s back to around 12 again. Waiting or staying in the area doesn’t bring more back. Not sure why some would despawn after time but maybe that is a clue to what’s happening and why it’s empty sometimes?

NOTE: I do also have the GAIST mod installed. I guess the totals include those ships. Is it not really a good idea to run both addons together?

Not really sure how to tell what is from what.

As a test in Isle of Wight I turned traffic sliders down to 35% and restarted the flight. The summary now says zero boats (but 15 in brackets on the popup Containers window) but I do still see a lot of boats. It’s not lagging now though. Are those boats static from your South East GB pack?

EDIT: Tried same test at 80% and 90% and it says zero boats. Going back to 100% and restart only gives me 8 boats now. This is really weird. A bit different to 250 with same setting before!!

EDIT 2: Seems you actually have to go back to main menu and load again for traffic density sliders to have effect. So at 75% I’m getting ~210 at Isle of Wight now :slight_smile:

(I am on PC, Steam version. Intel CPU with RTX2070 and 16gb ram)

EDIT 3: Tested Orkney Islands with 75% on sliders. 24 boats spawned, but all very far away. Wouldn’t have seen them unless I had Dev Mode labels on.

Shouldn’t there be some traffic in amongst the various islands?

@SeafrontSims I upgraded the library and I installed the free Channel Islands add in from Orbix. Now I have a problem. South of England might be full but North of England not… get busy…

Hi All - Asobo have identified the bug (a change to the way FX are handled) that was introduced with SU9 and impacting performance for our products. They are working to implement a fix for SU10. In the meantime thank you all for your patience.

No worries - thanks for the update. Has that also affected density in some areas?

There’s a separate draw distance bug that we have also raised whereby some models that should be showing at screensize 0.5 are not showing until they get to screen size 11 or 12 which gives the impression that they’re not there. Some users have noted that uninstalling and reinstalling the core library seems to have resolved it for them however.

Currently flying at 4000 feet around the south west coast of Japan and seeing absolutely nothing. I have seen some ships elsewhere such as the English channel, so I know this addon is working,but nothing in Japan!

Is anyone else finding the ships a bit hit amd miss depending on where they are?

Edit:-

After the flight of around 80 miles i saw in total about 2 ships in one bay! So it is working but I just expect to see a lot more going on especially as I was flying across mostly sea with a few islands. When i look at a maritime traffic tracker in reality it is a busy shipping area.

It’s still spotty, Gibraltar, the English Channel and Rio are particularly good out of the box, and Sidney IIRC. NY too but NYC is so ugly(IRL too-why I left it), I don’t bother going there. I do like when you’re on a bush trip and you get some shipping traffic.

Definitely seems to be, as I have worked my way up the west coast of Japan I am now seeing alot more.