Hawaii looks really bad

I was expecting XBOX to pay special attention to Hawaii, given how scenic and popular it is…but it looks really bad. There is a big glitch in Oahu…and P3d looks much better in general.

I can post more pictures but I can’t find the slew key option. Y does not work on its own

P3D V4.5

The next world update should be Hawaii/Oceania and/or the Caribbean.

That does not look normal.

On my end from my knowledge Hawaii is at least covered by aerial images of different quality, certainly not covered in offline textures.

Edit: On O’ahu this is what I see with all data settings turned on:

Check if you are offline, also check your data settings for bing images and photogrammetry is set to “on” in sim settings

2 Likes

You seem to have switched off some online features. Looks like you are not even loading any Bing textures at all.

1 Like

Jup that‘s default offline terrain

OMG!!! Yes that was all it was…online functionality was off…things are a wee bit different now!..lol…Thanks all

Sorry, this sim is brand new to me…and learning the options is as complex as learning the planes.

2 Likes

sometime if your bandwidth is low or get disconected from azure service they will turn automatically off all online feature, I m not sure but I guess you are to return them on manually, btw it s what I do when this occur

Jup, if it has turned it off you need to manually turn it back on. The UI can be a bit… “tricky” sometimes. Others would say annoying… ^^

You should edit the original post to clarify the issue you had.

Im going to leave the history in case others experience the same thing.

What I mean is you should update with the solution or mark the answer correct to make it easier for future users to see the resolution.
Most people don’t read through the threads, unfortunately, even shortish ones.

Good point. I still have half a dozen issues I’m still trying to resolve. When that’s done I’ll come back here and figure out how to redo my op. Thank you

There should be a button called “mark as solution” on each post in the thread; you can simply push that button on one of the replies that explains the situation and it’ll show the thread as resolved, with a link at the top to that reply.