Hawk drivers. Coming soon, "Alpine Magic"

I am going to fix a practice run on Sunday afternoon for a few hours starting 1330GMT and will invite anyone that is around. Hope to see some of you there.

Best regards,

Magic

Edit and further details…

Starting at Sion LSGS and we will start at least, on Teamspeak. You have the details. If we can get Dan there, he can talk us through Discord (me at least) and we can chew the fat whilst airborne. There is a lot happening at the moment and it will benefit us all to be aware of things.

2 Likes

Just a quick reminder to ensure that you have the Teamspeak details that I sent out for earlier sessions, because no comms equals no comms. Looking forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

1 Like

Well, we had a bit of fun for a few hours in a surprisingly stable sim environment today and it was an enjoyable afternoon.

Not sure about an evening session later this week, as time just isn’t easy to get, but with this being the case next Sunday afternoon you can pencil in and it may even turn out that it is the best time to do it for the present at least. So. 1330GMT on Sunday, unless I manage to pull some rabbit out of the hat in the meantime. Thanks to those that flew today and next time, we will try something a little different to give a bit of breathing space, because at low level it can get quite intense without a breather, so we will start and finish somewhere a little more distant to allow some mid level transit and formation opportunities. Bring your cameras!

2 Likes

Had a really fun session with you on Sunday. Thank you.

Here’s some screen shots I got.

2 Likes

Thankyou for organizing this session , really enjoyed everyone’s company, hopefully we can encourage more Hawk pilots to join us next time.

1 Like

And as we stand, Sunday at 1330GMT is looking good. We will start at Innsbruck (LOWI) and find our way out to the Southwest with some mid level stuff at beginning and end. Look forward to seeing some of you there.

1 Like

Not sure I can make it this week but will be back

No problemo! Hoping to make Sunday afternoons a more regular thing and we will see you soon. For anyone else with a Hawk and the wish to join us for a bit of fun then just drop me a PM (and send me a friend request through the sim) and I will forward details.

1 Like

Might be a bit late for today due to a power cut. As soon as it is up, we shall be too. Will update here a little closer to 1330GMT.

Still out at1320GMT. Will give it another 30 mins and if nothing else heard here, then we will scratch it for today.

Online at LOWI and TEAMSPEAK.

1 Like

Go for it! Looks like you might be the leader today, as the power is still down here. Probably a branch that has shorted out an overhead cable, which does happen out here in the sticks. Oh, the joys of the countryside.

If you are in LOWI, suggest Bolzano, Samedan and Ambri as candidates for a visit. As for me, the only fire I seem likely to light this afternoon is the Woodburner.

Chatting with Derek317 on TS

1 Like

Apologies for missing you there. Finally got on, sent you an invite but nobody on TS by then. Weather here not good so wouldn’t be surprised if we lose power again. Will be in touch soonest.

OK joining

Please try again

Back indoors. I had to work CTDs which wasn’t inspiring, but I hope the next update might help here. Updated Axis and Ohs to keep the frustration at bay. Must have been bad too. I even thought about tidying up as well…

Early heads up for this Sunday afternoon. Further soon.

1 Like

Magic beat me to it but here are some details:

After a few weeks break, Alpine Magic will once again return for some low (and mid level) flying in Hawks around the Alps.

Starting 13:30GMT at Meiringen (LSMM), with a gentle flight heading West over the cities of Bern and Lausanne on the edge of Lake Geneva before turning in to the mountains.

There is an event in the UK317 discord but we will stick to the UK317/WAA TeamSpeak for Comms (please shout if you need a link)

I hope to see many of you there on Sunday!

2 Likes

3 confirmed so far, so feel free to add to the numbers :slight_smile:

On another topic, I did see a report of an incoming update in SU9 which will fix the ghosting of aircraft when they are operating closely together which will help us no end.

1 Like

I should be there

1 Like