Hdr10

Hi.
on MSFS my settings have the option HDR10 ON but i can’t changed to OFF.
This otion is in gray color wich don’t allow me to changed.
All the other option have the color white so i can change the other options.
This is causing my clouds to be full of square pixels due HDR be ON.
I have my Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TDI with default settings. Only change is the ones i do on MSFS settings.

Any help please ?

Thanks.

You have to turn on HDR in Windows 10 under display settings first.

not sure if the fs2020 is yet to support hdr, but aside from windows 10 hdr setting on/off, your display must support hdr, not all do. i’ve got my windows 10 hdr is set on but still have the sim’s hdr option greyed out.

2 Likes

My display do not support HDR. I have ASUS VA326.
On my windows settings i don’t have HDR to set ON or OFF.
So how to disable the HDR10 option on MSFS 2020 ?
Thanks

so your problem is just the other way around sorry… is the setting is mistakenly active and reads on, clicking on the side arrow must toggle it off.

well no if it’s greyed out and reads on it means it’s off in actuality, so no problem at all. your hdr10 is set off.

Ok. Thanks.
Just finish download the update. I will reboot pc and see if clouds still full of pixels.

yes…

HDR depends, as also @dr34dl0ck4727 mentoioned , on windows setting ( and of course you need a monitor which is ready for HDR ) . But because Windows itself looks pretty strange with HDR On, I know not many people which do again and again the on-off-on-off switching and still not use it…

Thing is i want to switch off. You shpuld see my clouds. hdr yes but full of pixels on theedges of the clouds.
I didn’t turn ON the HDR on MSFS. But is ON and gray, so like Sarpouli told if is gray is OFF.
But is ON on my MSFS , if not the clouds wouldn’t be like they are HDR. and full of pixels.
Something is wrong on my settings and i can’t figured out. 4 days on this one. brrrrr…

Thanks again guys , ill keep trying…

hmmm…

so it looks if HDR is OFF

elsewhere step by step… first realy check Windows setting and if enabled then disable HDR.

Cloud pixels sound well known, depend on your graphics settings… possible you can made a screenshot so we can see more ( just Windows-Key + Print-Key )

Hi MichaMMA

Here is some pictures.

ah yes… thats what I guess’ed… these pixels are “currently normal” and is nothing with HDR. I thought there is also somewhere in forum a topic about… "playing with ultra but see ‘grid’ , ‘pixels’… " … or similar was it named.

“grain” was the correct word :slight_smile:

this here:

note: I’am not followed these discussion… possible anyone find out more :slight_smile:

Hi MichaMMA

Well , sorry my english , not my native language.
Yes grain.
I tought was something with my settings.
Thanks for the support.

1 Like

Hi Bellini1202,

I corrected my own speeling where I also was not sure about the word :slight_smile:

I also not native english speaker …

The Pixels and the Grain is not allways, seen this in sceneries with many clouds , or the grain against the sun… I assume it becomes better if they rework the effects a bit in future.