Head Pointer

I’m pretty sure I’ve already created a thread about this but alas its not here (maybe elsewhere), anyway:

Something that should’ve been blatantly obvious is the addition of a Head Pointer for VR to negate the need for the use of a Mouse when in flight, other Sims/Games utilise this feature perfectly and it works very well, please consider adding this.

I’m not sure about blatantly obvious. I hate head pointer concept. Just end up with stiff neck when trying to access various parts of the cockpit (Eg side of seat). However, I’m ok with an option so long as mouse remains available in VR and I can disable any head pointer.

2 Likes

Yes it would be an Option of course, I say blatant in reference to other Sins/Games which clearly show how useful this feature is for those that want it.

This is indeed true as it can be quite cumbersome with hard to reach switches(Flyinside user), but the head pointer method will run circles around scrambling a mouse cursor in terms of speed and efficiency.

A head pointer/cursor is basic common sense in a VR flight sim.
The mouse feature was absolutely not, the 2d mouse cursor doesn’t even look right inside of the stereoscopic 3d rendered virtual cockpits its a 2d sprite hovering over 3d objects.:rofl:…imo

With the upcoming controller support it would be nice to also have the option for a Head Pointer, as the tech and code will be there for controllers it makes sense (to me at least!) to include this option please.

1 Like

I agree. Head pointer like DCS. It’s a good option, if you can enable or disable it it will be perfect.