Head shaking in VR

Hello folks,

my problem is that the vr cockpit view is moving a little bit (to left, right, up, down) when moving my head. I tried some menu changes, but it’s always the same -cockpit view is not calm, its moving one inch left or right, than back etc. Etc. Not very much, just a bit, without any recognizable rule.

Any ideas for me??

5800x/3080/G2

Just noticed the same thing with my G2, no idea why it does that :frowning:

(10700k / 3090)

Like it’s not tracking quite right and you have have to reset the position? I have noticed that on occasions.
10900k/2080Ti/G1

1 Like

I too have the same issue, this was happening to me long before SU5. No settings tweaking, or different drivers seemed to fix it.

10900KF, 3090, G2

For me the issue was just fixed by disabling motion reprojection in the OpenXR Tool.

1 Like

I had the same issue and found this fix,

1. Enter mixed reality portal.

2. Click the 3 dots in the bottom left corner.

3. Click “settings”.

4. Click “environment”.

5. Click “clear environment data”.

May have to do this more than once. It returned the cockpit to rock solid again for me. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Will try it, thank you very much.

If nothing works try this… VR Head Bobbing Fix / Turbulence Fix (No more nausea!) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

My fix to this problem was more lighting to the room. I actually have a large industrial lamp just for that job.

I used to fly with the Oculus Rift S. and it did a good job at tracking even though the room was rather dark (basement gaming room). But the G2 is way more needy when it comes to lighting… If its too dim in the area or if it has too little “objects” to spot in order to position itself it will jump or glide the field of view when in VR.

Had this too in both msfs and Il2. Clearing the environment data as described above fixed it for me.

My mouse cursor was moving my cockpit around,I went into ,fixed camera settings ,using key board function and locked it.I don’t know what you use to get your panel like you want it,I use CTl + number 2,adjust it like I want it,then make a combination like c+h or what ever you like,then when you get panel like you want it, click on c+h to hold panel in place.I don’t know if it would work in VR ,but you could try it,good luck.let me know how it worked,Thanks.ps you haft to use what number you use when you program it

I am having this issue very badly with the Oculus Quest 2. It consistently happens about 10 min or so into a flight, and will not go away until completely restarted

Apologies, my 1-year old was able to submit my last post before I was finished. Haha

My issues I are not minor head movements as others have expressed, they render the sim completely useless once they begin. It’s not as if the head movement doesn’t track at all, it will somewhat follow my head movement, but introduce all sorts of bouncing up and down, almost as if there is severe turbulence in the plane. But if I keep my head still, it calms down. It should be noted that if I exit FS, there is no such erroneous head movements in the Oculus menu system or anywhere else, it only is happening inside FS itself.

I have tried the patch noted above, but I have no “FlightSimulator.cfg” file in LocalCache. Placing the patched file there has yielded nothing. I cannot (or don’t know how to) clear environment data as Oculus is not using WMR.

Any ideas? I haven’t been able to fly more than 10 min or so for months now.

Have you checked your HAGS setting in the Windows System Display Graphics menu? It appears that the OpenXR update automatically turned it on. Try switching HAGS off and that should fix your problem.

That works for Reverb G2 players, anyway.

1 Like

If you kill the engine mid-flight, does the cockpit shaking stop?

Is it cockpit only, or whole fov in headset?
Do you have any sound mods added?
My Q2 is pretty smooth, my G2 is very sensitive to any slight movements. I can see my heartbeat moving the view lol! Wish they had a sensitivity or deadzone slider like TrackIR.
(Store)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.