Heading adjustment

Hi,
Has anyone managed to map a button/knob to the heading bug that works in slow adjustment mode. I.e 1 degree at a time rather than 10 degrees at a time?

If so what event did you use please?

Thanks
Stinger

I have mine mapped to one of the left/right switches on my flight yoke. If I hold it down it will jump very fast but if I just flick it it will move only 1 degree at a time.

“INCREASE HEADING BUG” and “DECREASE HEADING BUG” also left/right buttons on my stick.

But funny thing is if i have my JOY1 (configured for brakes) pressed it will move in increments of 10 and not only by 1 as normal.

That’s strange. They’re the same assignments that i am using. More investigations required methinks. Thanks for the reply.

Makes me wonder if the knob i am using is operating for too many milliseconds for each indent.

The 10 degree Heading and OBS tuning issue is due to a bug involving Always On state switch mappings for the Honeycomb yoke and other controller peripherals. There are several threads regarding the problem and many of us have submitted Zendesk tickets.

See this post for more details. Large heading bug increments when using Honeycomb yoke

1 Like

Thanks, I will also report to Zendesk so that they know it is also happening with my peripheral type.

I have done a bit more investigating. If i detach the pfd screen and drag it to another monitor . If i then keep my mouse active in the pfd monitor window i can change it from 10 degree increments to one degree increment by toggling the window with alt +enter.

Strange bug, but this has now been reported to Zendesk.

I use fsuipc7 beta. With that you can log any events which are continuously cycling the ON state. On my system there are none but the heading bug problem persists. I have also got an ALT sel issue too along the same lines. Jumping in 1000ft increments instead of 100ft.

That said I intend to wipe all of my control assignments except the heading bug to see what happens.

I shall report back!

Hmmm I guess there might be other related scenarios that trigger the bug. In my case I used pjoerg’s fix linked below to change all my Honeycomb yoke switches on the pedestal from default “set xyz” mappings to toggles. This has eliminated the 10 degree adjustment bug for me while allowing full functionality of the yoke switches.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kIJlzjDzELPxd2LpRxzlTmZsuqmXHB4F?usp=sharing

Hi,

I have now sorted out this issue (so far just with the C172 that I am currently using).
I cleared all of my bindings in MSFS and instead did them in FSUIPC7 where possible.
Some bindings that use momentary type switches i left assigned in MSFS.

It is now possible for me to fly the default C172 G1000 with both the heading bug select and alt select behaving normally.(apart from the soft button 12 which turns on the MFD, which still has to be done by mouse)

My experimentation showed that any switch that is not a toggle or one that can be assigned to an external momentary switch must be assigned in fsuipc. Otherwise the heading bug is messed up

Hope this helps someone
Stinger

1 Like

this is easy if done with mobiflight (arduino+fsuipc).

you can adjust increments depending on speed you turn the encoder.

edit: video demonstration

I’m glad you guys got it working, but no one should have to implement a 3rd party system just to get a simple key command to function.