Heading Increment Bug (10 degree instead of 1) Explained

it is called “heading bug” , but it effects not only the “heading bug”, therefore the hint to seach 10 degree instead :slight_smile:

There are also completly other effects as these 10 degree movement : e.g. Flaps can not activated, or engine not starts , etc… depends on which setting lies als on a “switch”.

Example for flaps:

There is already mention not only the heading bug :slight_smile:

MSFS have an issue if you use switches , then the USB events cause “trouble”. Currently and unfortunately 'switches" can not be used.

There exists some Workarounds, but this are … Workarounds…

Update: forgot… possible all existing threads about should be merged together… but then again we losst the votes. Therefore I’am allways not so amused, that again and again new threads for same issue are created.

1 Like

This is indeed correct, USB devices are causing the issues, the problem is that it affects differently each person, some just experience issues with one system, others with every system.

1 Like

Why is this so difficult? Every other sim seems to manage the simple task of letting you do simple tasks such as read a simple keystroke or button press, and convert that into an action such as rotating a needle one degree.

Right now, I’m getting the feeling that the user is being blamed for their stupidity, and lack of “research”, when the Developer is at fault for poor coding and complete lack of instruction on how the software should be used, even where it is working.

5 Likes

I am temporarily closing this thread to allow tempers to cool off.
When this topic returns, I hope that everybody can be civil to each other.

This topic was automatically opened after 6 hours.

I’ve reported this bug with the Honeycomb yoke but I was just wondering if Asobo are aware of this bug with their recommended hardware. I feel like if it’s on their list as recommended they should deal with outstanding bugs relating to it.

In this case the incorrect operation of the heading bug skipping 10 degrees. (This bug aslo effects other hardware like the Logitech multi panel.)

Multi panel issues with Honeycomb yoke:
-Alt is incremented in 1000ft instead of 100ft.
-HDG, CRS, and IAS increment 10 instead of 1.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this bug is present even when just using the keyboard, or mouse clicks, not just the reading of USB controllers. I’m not saying there is not a problem with hardware too. I have issues using a TM Warthog combo and MFD buttons, but underlying this is also an issue with the general way some commands are being interpreted, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

3 Likes

I guess my strategy was to report this issue with a popular supported peripheral, in order to get them to even look at the issue since this is more than just an edge case scenario.

If they look at it, they should find it effects more than just the hardware like you mentioned, but we need to bring attention to this first.

1 Like

Hi,

The 2nd post in this discussion is most likely valid explaining what this problem is about:

It ressemble this very old bug, many long time 3rd party vendors know about for ages, and this should be solely in the hands of the FS2020 developers correcting this bug.

4 Likes

Still only 35 votes for this annoying bug. In this way it will never get on top of the list. Please vote people!!

2 Likes

I already voted for the double item that existed a long time ago, but I also voted here for now.

1 Like

as mentioned, there are threads for same issue for which users already voted.

What is the fix here? Just got my Honeycomb, and this bug is super annoying. Even FLC is increments of 10.

The fix is to unmap all the toggle switches on your yoke. Currently, I use FSUIPC7 to map all the controls, but even that is a pain because you need to find a LUA file so that FSUIPC recognizes over 30 buttons or whatever the maximum amount is.

It is a huge pain and frankly shocking that Asobo hasn’t fixed it 3 months later.

You are kidding. So I spend a good amount of money, for the recommended hardware that Microsoft recommends and I can’t use the full functionality of it? Wow… brutal.

2 Likes

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

I look forward to the Bravo throttle having nearly zero in-game functionality lol.

1 Like

I hope the drivers that will be out for Bravo throttles will also solve this issue, but I think it is in the hands of Asobo…

Search in Forum all Parallel Threads for same issue and Vote for it, so we Push this topic forward…

3 Likes

This workaround solved it for me. Takes some time to setup but I have full functionality of the yoke switches.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t be looking at workarounds, especially if they take quite some time to setup… it’s recommended hardware it should at least work to a basic degree, not also make your setup worse.

3 Likes