Headwind A330-900 Still Have to Install/Delete/Install Each Time to Get Throttles To Function

I was wondering what version of the FBW A320 you had installed.

So the liveries is no the problem. Well, frolic. I had a feeling about that. I don’t have FBW A320 installed. I used to fly it but quit some months ago because…well because after one of their updates the throttles were weird. I think it should give it another try…but not today. So since the A330 is behaving at the moment I will create a control profile for it.
Thanks for Neo for your suggestions.

That’s because they implement a Throttle Calibration feature within the aircraft so that it can work well with any types of throttle hardware without sensitivity issues.

You might need to read this to understand how to do it.

flyPad Throttle Calibration - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation

1 Like

Can you do that in the 900, or does it use FBW’s calibration.
I haven’t found a spot in the 900 for it.
And that may be why Dismaying Broom1’s doesn’t work.
He probably needs to re-install the latest version of FBW and do the calibration in it.

No, the A330-900neo doesn’t have the same FBW calibration (yet). So it needs the default sensitivity curve similar to the default A320neo.

1 Like

Okay, I think I’ve isolated the problem, I just can’t find a solution. If I do as described above with the Community folder thing and get the throttles operating normally, then as long as I fly no other a/c everything is fine no matter how many times I get in and out of the sim. However, as so as I fly a different a/c, like the stock A320 for example or the Cessna Longitude, when I go back to the A330 the throttles will be reversed. Bear in mind that I now have a separate throttle profile for the A330. I used to be able to go back and forth from the above mentioned a/c using the same controller profile setup for all the a/c with no problem. Now, even tho I have a profile for the A330 if I come into it from a different a/c the throttle will be reversed.
I now believe it is not a bug in the A330 but a bug in my setup. But I don’t know what. Something changed somehow, somewhere the first part of Jan. I guess.
So for now, I have to do the Community folder shuffle to get the A330 straightened out and then it will be ok as long as I fly only it. Jealous I guess.

Well when you want to fly the A330 you need to change profile to the A330. When you fly another aircraft, you have to manually change the profile again. The profile that manages the throttle setting doesn’t change automatically. You have to keep changing them everytime you change aircraft.

Roger that. Thought I was clear that was what I am now doing. Thanks tho.
Question though; seems to me FBW is intending to make their A320 a study level a/c. Would you agree?

Study level is an overused term that creates unrealistic expectations. Study level should only reserved for fully licensed and certified Pilot training Level D simulator. Not a home simulator setup.

From what we all know is that FBW is intending to make their A320neo as realistic as possible in terms of aircraft systems, functionalities, flight model and behaviour and feel. They have a team of real world A320neo pilots and Airbus engineers as a consultant that’s involved with making the A320neo as close to real as possible. But we shouldn’t call it “study level”.

Because this is Study Level

This is not…

I don’t know if I would use that as a definition between the differences.
The upper pic is known as a full motion simulator.

Take the Majestic Dash8 (yes I know it’s not in MSFS)
They have the training and cockpit versions.
Both for use on a PC.
This is a quote from their page.

“TRAINING” edition (in development) is dedicated to the airlines, wishing to have a good quality inexpensive solution for the Dash8 Q400 technical and procedural training for both technical staff and the flight crews.

If airlines are using that to teach with, it must be “study level”!

Their Cockpit Edition has the exact same features, only more support for the system you have in the lower picture above, so it must be “study level” as well.

What about PMDG products, (as well as other known big names)?
Every switch and knob does as supposed to.
That means you can study and learn how the real thing works from a PC.

A Study Level sim does not need to be a full motion simulator.

How realistic must a sim be to get the designation of “study level”?
I must say, I don’t know where you draw that line. :grin:

1 Like

Interesting stuff guys. Thanks.

I’m just saying the term “study level” is overused which creates an unrealistic expectations.

FBW develops and deploys in iterations. Everytime they deploy a new build, something new is added which gets closer to the real systems as possible. It could be a minor changes, it could be a big change.

PMDG develops everything in the beginning and release a complete realistic version of the aircraft for people to buy.

These are just difference in development methodology. And having that term study level could pretty much make or break their interests in a product.

I mean, what does that term even mean? And who defines at what point that an aircraft can be considered “study level”.

If you want to study an aircraft properly. You can’t get it from a home simulation, no matter how good the simulation engine or the aircraft realism. You need flight instructors who have been flying for thousands of hours. You need formal pilot training courses, get your flying license. And spend time in full motion simulator to learn the proper courses and actually spend time flying in an aircraft. That’s how you study an aircraft properly.

Home simulation is for fun, a hobby, a passion. You can add as much realism to the aircraft system as you can. But it’s still never going to be in a standard that you can use to gain proper flying skills.

That’s why I don’t like the term study level. I prefer the term realistic.

1 Like

I would agree with that terminology as well!
You must admit that FBW is getting better by the day, it is actually quite impressive.
You certainly have become quite familiar with it!
Nice chatting with you again.

Hmm…I think I’ll have to study up on that. ; )