Headwind A330-900neo Will Not Load Fuel

Thought I would try this aircraft out. During flight preparations, loaded most of the Simbrief data with the exception of fuel and payload. Cannot load fuel even from the MSFS fuel and payload drop-down menu page. Does anyone have a clue what the problem is? maybe I missed a step. Thanks in advance to anyone with a clue.

Have you tried fuelling the plane via the EFB?

Headwind has not installed the EFB (flyPad) on the A330-900 yet. Maybe they will in the future. Not all FMC functions that are in the FBW A32NX FMC are in the A330-900 FMC. I tried to load fuel using the FMC, but would not work.

What version of the FBW320 are you using? According to the docs, the A330 is not updated to use v0.7x of the FBW. You have to use an older version of the FBW320(v0.6x)

This isn’t about the PMP A330-300 aircraft which is incompatible when having FBW installed. It’s about the Headwind A330-900neo aircraft. Which is a standalone aircraft on its own. It has utilized the 0.6.x version of the FBW systems. But it does not require the FBW aircraft to be installed, it’s operating independently regardless of which FBW version you have installed (or not installed).

As for OP’s problem. I’m not sure yet. I’ve been using the MSFS fuel and payload slider to fill in fuel, but I don’t think there’s a problem. (Or maybe I never realised it since I just fly just fine with the loaded fuel).

Thanks for the info and explanatin of how the A330-900neo was developed. I plan on deleting and reinstalling the a330-900 aircraft to see if that resolves the issue. Thanks agan.

While it does say it is independent of FBW I have found on my testing that it still uses the global FBW “options” so if you change any option such as simbrief username, control config ect it will reflect in this aircraft.

The fuel issue I found while tinkering looks to be related to lbs vs kgs. If you have .70 of FBW installed you have to load it up set it to kgs and then the fuel should be correct in the A330. However as stated this does not use .70 FBW yet and the setting went from MCDU to all EFB. IF you install the 06.3 version you will get the MCDU option to change from lbs to kg in the A330 without having to load the FBW first. In my testing I also found that changing from lbs to kg, restart the flight and then change back to lbs and restart it will accept lbs input.

So yes while it is independent of FBW version it is not 100% and if you change any of the user options that were present in 063 FBW it will be reflected across both.

Again these were just my individual testing observations, I am in no way associated with either Dev team but this may help others or maybe a dev will chime in about the FBW user settings file that both appear to share.

I am having an issue with loading the PAX and fuel. I have the latest version 0.4.1 that i downloaded from their installed but I cant load the fuel or PAX from neither the MCDU nor the EFB… is there something that I am missing?

Hi, I believe the solution is if you have GSX installed, you will need to go into the settings of the EFB and scroll down to “3rd Party Options” and deselect the fuel and payload synchronization options. This fixed the issue for me. Alternatively, you can allow GSX to manipulate the fuel and payload by leaving the options selected. I hope this helps.

Thank you, that did fix my issue!

I do not have GSX Pro installed, and am having the same issue with adding fuel. Is there anything else I can do to resolve this?

The latest version would have the EFB. Have you tried loading the fuel via the EFB flypad?