Heavy Division 787 - FP Sync and Does It Allow In-SIm ATC Use?

Unfortunately, the HD Discord Server isn’t particularly helpful (question was completely ignored), so perhaps some of the power-users of this Mod can weigh in.

The Ask: I understand the mod now has an FP Sync function similar to the one that exists on the WT CJ4 Mod. Does this allow the flight plan to now be understood by in-sim ATC?

My plan originally after reading everything I could find on the mod was to load an exported Simbrief plan into the sim at the Flight Planner page, click Fly Now! then once inside the jet, follow the procedure to load the Simbrief plan direclty into the FMS. However, does FP Sync now make this redundant?

Thanks!

I suggest reaching out to CptNewYork within the HD discord server or else Comi

He is usually very helpful!

Other than that I agree that channel is a mess with off topic chat!

For me it does detect the FP via simbrief and ATC does recognise the departing runway and destination.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

Good luck!

Is it just the ATC aspect or uploading the actuall FP via Simbrief?

I always use In-Sim ATC with all planes… it’s not new. I’ve been doing it forever.

Just the ATC aspect. I’ve made a decision to stick with the in-sim ATC, flawed as it is. I’m hopeful WT will make it better when they get to it, and it reduces the number of Mods I have to run with SimConnect (i.e., Pilot2ATC).

1 Like

Thanks. To be clear - you’ve used it with the HD 787 Mod?

I have the 787 Heavy mod and FWB and a number of other mods. Always use it.

Awesome. So would the FP Sync work and let ATC be “aware” of the plan?

I’m not an expert but I think that’s what it’s for.

Ok great. I’ll give it a try.

On a related note, does anyone have recommendations for a good Instructional video beyond the British AvGeek ones posted in the Tutorial Channel? Just looking for a different content as it seems a little too casual.

EasyJet SimPilot just posted an extensive video on YouTube recently. I learned a few things I didn’t know before.

1 Like

Great, I’ll check that out too. Thanks.