Helicopter Bell 407 Clunking Sound

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

When engine running and when flying, there is a clunking sound, seems to be related to yaw input, even small yaw input.

The sound I hear (from experience IRL in 206B and 206L) is the yaw pedals hitting the stops, so certainly I do not expect to hear this except if you booted in pedal engines OFF.

Flapping does not actually make noise, it’s a blade movement in the disc, not a clunky thing.

When I first heard it I thought was an animal loose in the luggage compartment :wink:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

That’s Asobo’s version of what the rudder pedal movement sounds like.

I also expereinced this clucking sound and found it to be caused by controller mapping. The default “helicoptoer” preset for my Thrustmater TCA Sideside had the z-axis mapped to increment / decrement tail rotor. (Not tail rotor axis.) I have rudder peddals that I’ve mapped to the tail rotor axis and had physically locked the z-axis of my joystick. Unforunately, the Thrustmaster TCA is very “noisy” in that the z-axis was registering unsolicited input, thus causing the rail rotor to hit its hard stop. I cleared the z-axis settings from my controller profile and now the clunking has stopped.

Thanks Bullet,

I’ll try this, but two things:

• Even really small inputs, with little yaw change, caused the clunking.

• IRL if you booted the yaw pedals to the stop, you hear the clunk. But once engine/rotors turning, now way you could do this or hear this.

Mine seems to do that when I make an abrupt control movement, and the rotor droops.

I’m currently having this issue with Hotas 1 and TM pedals.

No matter what binding I use I don’t have smooth tail rotor control…I hear a bang and it spins around!

I’ve tried using just the stick and it’s the same.