Helicopters are a must

You’re right. It has nothing to do with the flight physics of the helicopter …

1 Like

We have not released any full photos of our model yet. Just teaser images. There are paid addons that don’t have textures or models the caliber of what we’re working on.

We know we will have to do tuning on the flight model, that’s what testers are for - we have a few more internal milestones then we’re opening the gates to testers.

1 Like

That’s not my point and what your comment said. I was pleased you are not 100% kowtowing yourself to ASOBO. I realize you are a developer and I respect your website you run a lot and the fact you need to do what you need to do to run your business but I don’t like it when you tell your fellow heli simmers to be patient all the time as I see that as patronising and too much patience is as bad as no patience. I accept there is middle ground and your last comment reflected that middle ground and we need you to be a flea in the developers ear. None the less I think Asobo have not listened and have not done the right thing so far by helisimmers and everything they say is spin doctoring to placate us and get us to buy into virtualware.

Thankyou as what you wrote is simply well said and succinct. You are a champ mate!

1 Like

IS THIS FOR REAL??? AMAZING IF TRUE!!! Yes I am shouting that!

1 Like

Yes but it’s now your turn to be told to be patient as unlike the rest of the so called professional developers these guys have got off their butts and pushing the envelope with what appears to be zero assistance from Asobo, so let them work up what they have now designed. These are exactly the type of people we need to push ASOBO as if a couple of guys in a backyard developer setup can put out something that looks convincing imagine what Asobo could do if they actually put resources towards rotary flight instead of adding more fixed wing …

That’s all most of us want from Asobo a start some sign they are actually doing something like these guys. This is what you could be doing for our community instead of appeasing us on behalf of Asobo.

Have you seen the Apache almost hovering ? [TEASER] CLASSIFIED Helicopter Project - Hype Performance Group & Destroyer121 - #2 by PharaohSteve668

2 Likes

I totally agree with BatsCorn7433396.
It’s really people like ‘Media Hype Train’ that we need. And when Spac3rat spends his time worshiping ASOBO, I think he’s the wrong fight. I think it would be better to support initiatives like ‘Media Hype train’, they deserve our full support. Obviously their means will not allow us to carry out a work as remarkable as what ASOBO would do, but at least they deserve to make us happy. We only have to refer to the work that was done by people who had nothing to gain from it in the FSX era!
Without them, we would not have needed patience, but resignation!

2 Likes

The movement has started and as our fellow heli simmers join in our collective voice ( excuse the pun) we will be heard at ASOBO and their tills will need to be rung as helisimmers are a whole new audience for this sim that have not joined in yet. Yes there are a few of us just look at DCS and we have been waiting and waiting.

Hello!

My favorite helicopter types are the Hughes / MD 500. I am confident that the developer will make this helicopter type.

I found an amazing video to share with you:

1 Like

I am not seeing any envelope pushes so far.

All the videos show helicopter models behaving like fixed-wing aircraft.

The Apache hovering seems to be doing so with a strong heading (something I have some with an F-18 in DCS).

I am not saying they are not doing something great, but I have yet to see proper helicopter behavior in no-wind conditions.

If that happens, then I think we may have something fantastic here.

So, you think I shouldn’t be trying to get Asobo to add proper helicopter support to the sim? You’ll be happy with whatever it comes out?

Because that is my what fight is all about. I don’t want this to be rushed just because people think it can be.

So, no, I won’t be joining the “I want it now” bandwagon. Call it whatever you want to call it. Workshipping, sucking up, whatever floats your boat. It doesn’t bother me, and it won’t deter me from doing what I believe is the best to make this a reality.

I rather do my best to get them to give me a good helicopter codebase. I really don’t want another FSX.

1 Like

it is not a matter of choice ! it’s just that one doesn’t prevent the other …

The thing is that Asobo won’t be able to bring helicopter support right now. Between what they have in their hands (don’t forget they are working on the XBox version) fixing issues AND adding proper helicopter support, even with a big team there are processes that depend on each other - so it may not be possible to parallelize development.

Also, from what Jorg said in a video, it’s not just about adding helicopter support. He mentioned adding heliports and helipads, the same way airports are added now.

Could they be planning other things as well? Like sling-loadinh? All that takes time.

1 Like

We need professional helicopters. It is very important to finally get an authentic helicopter physics, flight dynamics. I am confident that the developer will begin developing helicopters in the second half of 2021. Helicopters could be beta tested at the end of 2021 and released in 2022. If you just start developing in 2022 then I will be very sad.

1 Like

I’m sure they are ahead of the curve…

That’s my feeling as well

Can the helicopter hover, fly sideways and backwards, and turn while hovering in-place?

We’ve announced that our project will be using the H135. More news and previews of the flight model coming this week.

6 Likes

Hello all,

I’m sure it’s discussed already but there is one thing I would really like to see in the future of Msfs 2020.

Helicopter flights from Bristow Heliports to Oil Rigs.

Company’s like OnAir would be able to create missions for them in their system.

I was a big fan of the Heli missions in FSX and I really hope this can be made a reality in the future.

Hope I can get some support on this.
Greetings,
Alex

2 Likes

Czech Helicopter Day:

Vote for the helicopters!

1 Like