Helicopters are a must

This is a beautiful simulator at low level and as such is crying out for a helicopter to go and explore some of the nooks and crannies that you can’t get to in most other aircraft!

I appreciate they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but nonetheless they have been a must in all of the big name simulators.

26 Likes

Just posting in strong agreement.

10 Likes

supporting this as well!!! (besides VR!)

5 Likes

Yes, but in the meanwhile, you can fly the Shock Ultra !!!

I planned to wait until VR was available, but I couldn’t :frowning:

28 Likes

Ha yes that thing is brilliant for STOL! Have you tried a roof top landing yet? I’m not sure if crash detection will prevent it?

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! Really looking forward to the helicopters to arrive. In FSX I had a lot of fun flying shuttle missions in my Bell 212 to the North sea oilrigs.

5 Likes

LOL! Well done

1 Like

That thing is borderline VTOL! Was flying in formation with a taxiing airliner!

3 Likes

Flat roofs are good for landing
The video wasn’t me, but this pics are mine

5 Likes

Need to give this a go later! Great job.

1 Like

nice idea … but imagine doing that in VR … am so much looking forward.

wishlist

• VR
  • Helicopters
  • more VFR landmarks and ostacles
7 Likes

I can’t wait for helicopter flightmodels either, luckily Heli’s are already planned and announced to be released eventually!

1 Like

Yeah, in fact, since I don’t haver TrackIr, I had to do it in 3rd person, since in 1st person I couldn’t see the instruments and the “runway” properly … camera handing with mouse/keyboard/hotas is a nightmare.

14 Likes

Helicopter won’t work because various controllers have issues to recognize rudder axis.

Would be impossible to fly a Heli without rudder input.

my rig works fine … it’s a bit arkward to use collective as thrust lever on fixed wing a/c but I got used to it …

The newer version even has pedal brakes. love this thing using DCS and FS2

10 Likes

Yes, I agree. It is a must. I want to look at the different buildings and nature. I cannot do that right now. Add at least two helicopters, please.

Yes please add helicopters, we had helis in previous versions and I was quite disappointed to see that not a single one made it into 2020 - the most detailed MS FS we ever had! I mean cities are so rich in details, in NYC the buildings even have real world signs on them, I freaked out when I saw the H&M sign on a building lol. But it was gone in 5 seconds when I was flying through the city with a Cessna, no time to really appreciate the work the devs have put into the game in a plane.

3 Likes

Agreed helicopters are a must have !

2 Likes

Absolutely, an ultra light would be nice too, anything that flys nice and slow

2 Likes