Helipads in database

I’m assuming when helicopters are introduced the database will also include them. I am
Actively flying choppers now and they do not appear as starting points in the sim. If they have plans for these I will wait if not this needs to be put on the road map.

Hi there,

No issues putting this request in Wishlist, but it is something that the team plans on doing.

Feel free to listen to this interview between Jörg Neumann, head of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and @Spac3Rat where they discuss heliports (16:00):

Based on the interview, it sounds like one of the hurdles they are facing is finding a worldwide helipad database. I don’t know if they have found a solution for that yet.

3 Likes

Great news!

As a pilot we use AirNav a lot for reference under the advanced search they offer some filters which may aid the process. For the United States, the FAA database may be available. AirNav: Airport Search

They also have international data available.

Great video thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks, but as far as I’m aware, the number of countries on AirNav is limited.

1 Like

Just a pre-information … We will add worldwide helipads too in the very, very near future in our regular data update service from Jeppesen :wink:

Cheers
Richard

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re probably doing it but if you guys reached out to MS and help them out that would be great. Finding databases is NOT easy. I’ve been trying to get information from the community but it’s really not easy, especially the more remote ones.

1 Like

Our doors are still open - since day one of this sim and Asobo/MS knows this.

Cheers,
Richard

3 Likes

That is the way to go :rofl:

1 Like