HELP! Changing Avionics in cockpit Just Flight Piper Turbo Arrow III (Xbox)

I really hope somebody can help me. I’ve made MANY attempts at Googling this but no luck (and I’m a pretty good searcher).

I recently bought the Just Flight Piper Turbo Arrow III from the Marketplace on Xbox Series X. (Keep in mind I do not have MSFS2000 on a PC, ONLY on Xbox). I was super excited because so far I have been using the Carenado NA Arrow III which is not bad; but I wanted the Turbo because it is the same airplane I am buying in real life.

The specs in the Xbox Marketplace says it has several GPS available, but the default one I got was the Garmin GPS 100 (Very OLD, NO ONE USES THAT ■■■■ ANYMORE). It says you can use the GNS 430/530 and even the GTN 750 (and I would be fine with jus the GNS 430). But I can’t find how to change the GPS!!! When the airplane is in the hangar, the cockpit view shows a “black space” where the options would happen but I can’t find a way to switch it. Nor can I find the answer in Google.

Does anyone know if its even POSSIBLE to do this on Xbox?

I paid so much money for that airplane to have only steam gauges in it. I am practicing for my IFR and I would like to have the same GPS I will be using. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :sweat_smile:

Do you have the tablet on the right side of the cockpit?

I am on PC so not sure whether this feature is also on xbox.

The various gps options are selectable from that tablet.

pa-28r-turbo-arrow-iii-iv-microsoft-flight-simulator_7_ss_m_210527132457

Yep, the tablet is available on the Xbox and the GPS selection works fine (although obviously there’s no 750 version available as it’s an external add-on).

1 Like

I did see the tablet but could not find where to update it. Do you know the steps?

It’s the middle column, top section.

1 Like

1 Like

Oh FINALLY!!! Thank you!!! The way it looks is almost like it isn’t a button! I was starting to lose hope!! I’m glad I posted this! Thanks again!!

Do you know if the Auto Pilot on the Just Flight Turbo Arrow has Altitude Hold? I’m not sure how to change altitudes without having to disconnect the auto pilot.

1 Like

Yes and it can also hold VS.

Check the manual which is available on JF website

https://downloads.justflight.com/support/manuals/PA-28RTurboArrowIII-IVMSFSmanual.pdf

Autopilot is described on p.36

and the GPS switching on p.48.

1 Like

Thanks so much! The link did not work, but I’m sure I can find it on their website.

1 Like

yeah direct link usually doesn’t work, I guess it s web tracker issue, you can easly found manual on the product pages before the description

available also via their support section

1 Like

Thanks EVERYONE! I found the answer as you guys suggested. This helps so much!!

. Vertical speed hold click spot – click the blank area to the right of the heading switch to toggle the vertical speed hold mode. Once engaged, vertical speed can be adjusted by moving your mouse over the vertical speed hold clickspot and rotating your mouse wheel.

2 Likes

Thanks again EVERYONE, I wish I could give everyone who helped a “Solution” check mark, but it only let me click on one. So I gave it to @Apollon0011 because of the zoomed in screenshot with the fool-proof yellow circle :sweat_smile:

I can’t wait to buy my REAL Turbo Arrow III, but until I can come up with a $150,000 I am just going to have to fantasize with MSFS :laughing:

3 Likes