Help! Customized airport, but everything disappears when SKD is closed!

Hi everyone, I’m new to trying to modify stuff in sims, never made my own scenery in FSX. I customized my home airport in the SDK, but as I stated, as soon as the scenery editor is closed- allll of the stuff I added disappears. I just spent an hour and a half mocking it up, and I saved the final product, but now I’m not sure what to do. All I have is an XML file on my desktop. Do I drop that xml into a folder within the game, and have my scenery, or…? Would really appreciate some help, I’d hate to lose that progress!

You need to build your scenery and copy the built package to community folder. Then restart the sim and you should see your airport without loading SDK. There are plenty of tutorials in YouTube on creating basic airport. I recommend to watch one. It’s easier to see it on video than to explain it. You will also see how you are supposed to set all the required folders and paths in scenery editor. I created my first airport two weeks ago and it really was kind of hard to figure it out without previous experience on SDK.

2 Likes

For example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxJW6cHPpc