HELP! I’m ready to destroy my entire setup!

I always run on a mid range laptop, HP Envy with i7, 16G, graphics MX330 and full SSD. But I get 24 FpS max, never seen a 30+ while flying anywhere. Most times it is 16-20. Now I am strongly considering buying something like the above, to get ready for France/Belgium/Netherlands update. I did not know there were laptops with that already… with a 2070 it should give me 30+ performance !

I fly with my laptop MSI GP75 Leopard 9SF + Oculus Rift S.

Complete specifications here .

In VR, with CJ4 Working Title I get 19-20fps… Settings graphics medium-high.

Render Scaling 100% + TAA + SS 120% (1.2 Pixel Per Display Override).
TLD + OLD 100
HAGS OFF
Game Mode OFF
etc,etc, etc…

Only a few suttering because I have ASW off.

NVIDIA driver 457.30 (in a few days I will try last driver version wiht HAGS on).

My bottleneck is CPU due to my Microprocesor only get 3.93mHz.

Temperature always high, but I get a fan pad too.

So, it is possible fly in VR with a laptop but no with a “normal” laptop… Neither We can expect the same performance that in a PC but we will can fly in every place.

Cheers and good fly.

Sorry for my bad English (is not my native language). 0;-)

1 Like

Just packaged up a Quest 2 VR headset to send back. It does not support the GTX 1650 GPU in my system and as replacement GPUs currently are just about unobtainable (at a reasonable price anyway) it’s an expensive toy to just play around with. VR is just going to have to wait for me.

If you check the Oculus Support site you’ll see what GPUs are supported - I didn’t see the GTX1650ti, but the GTX1650 Super IS supported.

I have a Lenovo P15 with I9, 64 GB, and Nvidia quadro RTX 5000 which is like a 2080 with 16gb vram. The sim runs smooth even on my ultrawide external monitor @1440 and with my quest2.
But it isn’t a cheap option. As a developer I’m very pleased with the performance and the sturdy design.

@ VBFireman8
Just what laptop was “speced out by the Oculus representative” ?
He may not know MSFS2020 and it’s needs (CPU/GPU) like we do on this forum - especially those with laptops doing VR. MSFS2020 is worse than most VR games as far as “melting down” the laptop since it really is expected that you run it on a desktop.
Let us know what you got ordered.

1 Like

I purchased an ASUS ROG strix g15

10th gen I7-10870
32G ram
1T ssd
GeForce RTX 2060 6gb

I was able to fly in VR for hours last night, but today, I cant even start up VR mode without it flashing back and forth into the vr home…GRRRR

I ran into this also drove me absolutely nuts you have to reset panels on the custom tool bar.The cog at the top of your flight screen mine did it too till it would crash

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.