Help-> MSFS on external drive won't open (NEW didn't happen before)

UserCfg only looks for the packages which ideally should be on their own drive with it’s page file removed. There’s nothing wrong with having the launcher and an increased page file on C:

evrything is on m

MSFS must be installed on the C: (or boot) drive for it to run.

"Microsoft Store apps function like any other app in your system. However, they are not stored like any other app when installed. By default, the installation location of Microsoft Store apps is not visible.

Apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store are saved in a folder called ‘WindowsApps’ inside the ‘Program Files’ directory of your Windows installation drive. This folder is hidden by default on every Windows system but it’s fairly easier to unhide and access the contents of it."

Note on the “‘Program Files’ directory of your Windows installation drive”.
If you install Windows on any drive other than your C: drive, that is your Windows installation drive.
Also referred to as the “Boot” drive.

You cannot move it to another drive that is not the boot drive.

You can move the “Installed Packages” and then tell MSFS where they are.

1 Like

Essentially that’s what happens when you install, and update it.

The core app remains on C, but later the installer asks you where to put he rear of the sim. Mine resides on my D drive.

When users report they have had toxreinstall the sim, it’s typically because this custom location has got reset to default. I’ve been using this sim since launch, and installed pretty much every update that was released, and I’ve never seen that, but it does happen.

here is the solution to this whole problem when you install msfs base game and additional content once the game launches simply change your cache folder to the same drive as your game this problem never happens again